Chapter One

"I'm hungry, and we've been talking about this for too long," I announced

"I'm hungry, and we've been talking about this for too long," I announced. "Confess or suffer."

"I didn't do it," my roommate, Hope, said the next day.

Our classes were finally over, signaling the weekend, and we were sitting on a couch in our appartement's small living room.

"Do you think one of our other friends did?" I asked, thinking about each in turn.

I was still pretty freaked out, to be honest. My life on the whole was quite boring, and this was shaking it up in a bad way.

"Maybe," Hope admitted, "but it's probably nothing to worry about."

I sighed in defeat. Last night had certainly succeeded in spooking me. Maybe I was being ridiculous.

"Maybe you're just being ridiculous," she suggested.

"You're ridiculous!" I shot back. Haha, got 'em!

Hope rolled her eyes. "Now, onto more important topics: I've got a date tomorrow night, so don't expect me back until morning."

"Another one?" I crinkled my nose.

"Yes. And I'm setting you up too. I have it on good authority that Juan and Steve like you," Hope teased, playfully clinging a pillow at my chest.

I caught it reflexively and wrinkled up my nose. "Stalking-Steve?"

She thought. "Good point. But what about Juan? He could be the Juan for you."

"No," I said. "Enough of this talk, I need dinner."

This brought a large smile to her face. "Dinner you say? What are we having?"

I hopped up, and strode into the kitchen.

"We still only have ramen noodles," I called back to her, glaring at our pantry.

"I've heard those words so many times they're starting to lose meaning," she sighed, walking over.

I grabbed two packs and tossed them over my shoulder, and Hope reached under the sink to get a pot.

"Let's watch something," said Hope, taking the remote off the kitchen counter while I emptied the flavoring packets.

I then added the noodles and stirred as she flipped through channels.

"OOOH! Love this!" she exclaimed.

I looked up to see that she had chosen Eclipse from the Twilight series.

"Oh no," I muttered. Hope was way too into this.

I found the movies to be very bad in comparison to the books. Not only was Edward lifeless, but Bella sounded like she was always gasping for air.

"What do you see in this?" I questioned.

"SHSHSHSHSH!" she shushed me.

I rolled my eyes. "It's ready."

Hope gave a wide grin, and bounded over to grab a bowl. "Wait, aren't you having any?"

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry. I'm going to bed."

"Have a goodnight," She called as I turned away and walked to my room.

Once I got there, I decided to leave my door open. Call me Crazy, but I had a bad feeling.

My bed was inviting, and I jumped on it eagerly.

Finally, I closed my eyes.

~~~

3:18am

Boy was I wrong.

I had been tossing and turning all night, and my body was restless with an uneasy feeling.

What was going on?

Was I about to get my period or something?

I finally just gave up on sleep, sliding on my slippers and heading over for my computer.

Rubbing my eyes and pushing away my bad feeling, I turned the monitor on.

The screen blared to life, and suddenly the fear returned.

Written in the middle of the screen in the exact same place as last night were the words,

Elephant slippers? My kind of girl.

Almost instantly, I flung myself out of the chair and scrambled away from it, as if the computer had grown legs and was trying to attack me.

But I ended up tripping over my feet and landing sprawled out against the bed frame.

What the absolute hell was going on here?!

My eyes flickered down to my feet. At my elephant slippers. They stared innocently back up at me.

Then, I blew the air out of my mouth in a harsh laugh. Was this some kind of a joke? What kind of creep sneaks into someone's bedroom and writes on their computer?

Oh-ho-ho, if this really was Hope, I was going to kill her.

But right now, all I wanted to do was to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head in fear.

But before I could move, something stopped me.

Something caught my eye next to my bed.

My window.

It was open.