Chapter Forty Six

After the incident with Carson that I will NEVER be able to unsee, I went downstairs for breakfast

Not gonna lie though, I was pretty impressed!

Anyways, unfortunately for me, there was a note taped to my usual box of scones when I got there.

Come outside. I'm going to beat you up. And also, teach you to beat others up. From me.

My first thought was that Jacob was an idiot. My second thought was that I might be enjoying the next hour.

Abandoning the scones, I walked over to the back door and pulled it open.

Jacob was in the tree, trying to climb it, but was only two feet up.

"Come on, come on, come on!" He muttered, trying to pull himself up another foot. "You can do this!"

I watched him sweat and pant, struggling with something a kindergartner could do.

One things for sure, nobody would want to do that, if you know what I mean.

I squinted at him. "What the heck are you doing."

My voice startled him, and he reached for a tiny branch that immediately snapped, sending him tumbling the two foot down.

He landed flat on his back.

"Smooth," I commented. "I sure hope you're not the one teaching me how to save my life."

"I am," He said with a glare at me, picking himself up.  "Copy this stance."

I copied his stupid stance while rolling my eyes.

"Now," He began. "Hit me."

Without hesitation I punched him right in the nose.

"OW!" He cried out, grabbing at his face in pain. He staggered a couple steps back and glared at me. "You were supposed to protest at first!"

"Jacob, let me just be clear. If I see an opportunity to punch you - I'm gonna do it."

He growled lowly, rubbing his nose once more before getting back into his stance. "Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

"Do I really have to do this?" I complained. "I already know the only move I need to know."

He cocked his head. "Which one?"

I swiftly kicked him in the balls.

Immediately his face turned purple and he collapsed to the ground.

I waited for him to get up, but he just laid there.

"You're pathetic, get up!" I said, giving him a small kick.

"Don't kick me!" He yelled indignantly.

As he slowly and painfully climbed back up into his feet, I tapped my foot against the grass impatiently.

I watched him evenly now. "I thought we were training? Is kicking suddenly off limits?"

He grumbled, but said nothing about it.

"First things first," He said. "We fight! Block this, jerk!"

He swung as hard as he could at my face, and I raised an arm up to block it.

The impact stung, but it hurt less than it would have if I hadn't blocked it.

He became shocked, and said, "How'd you block that? It was hard for the first one!"

I feigned surprise. "Oh, have we already started? I though that was just a warm up."

"It was," He growled, and lunged toward me.

I sidestepped easily and hooked out a foot to trip him. It worked, and he fell over into the dirt.

"I already know all this stuff!" I complained as Jacob picked himself back up again. "I've already told you, I'm a dirty dirty thug."

"You'll be dirty when I'm done with you!" He cried, and came at me full-force.

He swung towards my head and I ducked, then shoved him backwards.

He bared his teeth at me. "You think you're so tough! You just wait until you go against three giant wolves!"

I blinked. "Your lips are moving, but all I hear is 'blah blah blah'."

His face turned red with rage. Then his bones began popping and I knew what was coming.

I watched with disinterest as he became a tall brown wolf.

"Out of hundreds of thousands of sperm, YOU were the fastest?" I asked in disbelief.

The wolf howled and charged at me, and then I realized something. I had no idea how to fight a wolf.

"AHHHHHHH!" I shouted, running for the hills.

I jumped on the tree and began climbing as fast as I could, While Jacob roared.

"Shoo! Go away!" I yelled from the top of the tree.

He tried to push the tree over, but it was too big and only succeeded in shaking me.

This seemed to give him an idea.

He set to work on the tree, sitting down and shaking the trunk with his paws, trying to knock me off.

"HELP!" I shouted, clinging on for dear life. "HELPPPPPPPP!"

Carson ran out of the house upon hearing my cry, and his eyes bulged when he caught sight of Jacob trying to shake me out of a tree.

"TELL HIM TO QUIT IT!" I yelled.

Jacob growled fiercely at me.

"YEAH? WELL IF YOU WERE TWICE AS SMART YOU'D STILL BE AN IDIOT!" I shot back.

"Both of you, calm down!" Carson ordered. I stopped shouting and Jacob stopped skating my tree. "Now get over here at once."

I reluctantly began climbing down the tree while Jacob trotted over and sat his furry butt down.

Once I joined them, Carson began talking.

"We could be attacked any day now. Everyone's life is in danger! So why is Jacob a wolf and Aileen in a tree?"

We both looked down at the floor.

"Please TRY and take this seriously," Carson said with a glare, and turned to stalk back into the house.

So much for this being a fun day.