Chapter Twenty Two

YES! I absolutely LOVED snow!

With a cheer, I ran to the back door, opened it, but then ran right back in yelling, "COLD, COLD!"

Camille laughed brightly. "Some of my clothes from the last visit are still in my closet. Come on, we'll find something that fits.

And that's how, several minutes later, Aileen and I ended up wearing top-of-the-line snow clothes.

I had a light blue puffy coat and thick black leggings, and matching blue snow boots that laced up to my calves. Then I was equipped with black gloves and a hat.

Aileen was given the same outfit as me, but in red, which made her cheeks look rosier.

"Now we're ready!" Camille smiled, admiring our outfits, and then opening the back door.

Yes!

We went into the decently sized backyard, with two trees and a bush, and I was at once disappointed with how tall the fence was. It seemed like the universe was against us escaping and was doing everything in its power to stop us.

Jacob and Carson were already outside, throwing snowballs at each other and rolling around on the ground.

Boys.

I bent over and formed a rough sphere with my hands, and began to roll it in the snow. It gradually increased in size, until it was almost two feet tall.

Then I repeated the same steps, until I got a smaller ball, which I stacked on the first.

And finally, I make a small one and set that one at the top.

It looked a bit lopsided, so I quickly fixed it, and hurried to the fridge for the face.

Sadly, the fridge did not leave me many options. All we had was leftover Chinese takeout and a celery stick, so I was forced to make the most of what I had.

I stuck the celery into the snow as a nose, and then gave it two Kung Pao chicken eyes, and a lo mein noodle mouth.

My mouth lifted into a smile as I then stabbed a chopstick of either side of the middle as arms.

Then I stepped back to admire my work.

For a Chinese takeout snowman, he didn't look half bad.

Pancake soon noticed that we mere missing and found us in the back, playing around in the snow like kids.

The German shepherd was more than happy to join in on the fun, prancing around and eating the snow.

Suddenly, something hard and cold hit me in the back, making me stumble a bit.

I whipped my head around to see that Carson was looking everywhere but at me, whistling innocently.

An evil look took over my face as I bent over and made a quick snowball, took aim, and threw it.

The snowball crashed into one of the branches of the tree just above Carson's head, and he began to laugh, "You throw like a-"

He was cut off when all the snow on the branch fell off and showered on top of him, almost knocking him to the ground.

Once he recovered, he shot me a glare, and I beamed back at him.

"Hayley, look!" Aileen called from behind me.

I turned to see her standing next to a big pit in the snow, about three feet deep.

I cocked my head. "What is that supposed to be?"

"Just wait," She grinned.

Turning her back to me, she called out, "Jacob! Come look at this!"

Poor, innocent Jacob, looked over curiously, and walked toward us.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Is there a cookie down there?" Aileen frowned, squinting at the hole. "I can't quite see."

Jacob snorted, and rolled his eyes, but leaned over to look. "Idiot, of course there isn't a-AHH!" He cried out as Aileen gave him a hard shove, causing him to loose his balance and fall into the pit.

We both began laughing hysterically at the sight of him sprawled out at the bottom of a snow pit, looking dazed, then angry.

"What's going on?" Carson asked, and then his face brightened when he saw Jacob's demise.

"It's not funny," Jacob growled, his face turning red.

"Who's stupid now?" Aileen joked.

This did not seem to make him any less mad.

Carson burst out laughing, even bending over and slapping his knee at one point.

Camille did not approve of our behavior, and went to help Jacob up, thus ruining our fun.

We were forced to resort to making snowman of each other.

Aileen made me, I made Carson, and Carson made her.

"I'm a pro," I encouraged myself, as I went to shape the snowman of Carson. But how am I supposed to form the sharp cheekbones, muscley torso, and tousled hair?

This was a disaster!

I tried to make the cheekbones, but it made half of the head crack and fall off, so I gave up.

First, Carson presented a lively snowman of Aileen. It was pretty good, for an amateur.

Then I saw mine.

"Ta da!" Aileen sang, showing off me.

I had no face, and was made of two balls of snow.

"Gee... thanks," I said.

Finally, it was my turn.

I pulled them both over to mine, and smiled. "Here it is."

Carson spoke first. "That hurts my feelings."

"What happened to its head?" Aileen asked.

"Did you try to kill me?"

"If you did, then I approve."

"Stop it! I tried my best, ok!" I yelled.

They put their hands up in surrender, and walked away.

Jerks.