Chapter Nineteen

So, Josh claims that he is just trying to get my attention, but I can see through him like the glass he's trying to break

Last time, I wasn't too bothered by him.

Now, however, I was not in the mood.

As soon as that first rock made contact with the house, I had launched myself off of my bed and I slammed the window up.

"HEY!" I shouted.

Josh jumped a bit at my tone and took a cautious step back.

He was dressed in his usual T-shirt and jeans, his brown hair messy. He nervously ran a hand through it as I built up steam.

"What's up?" He asked, confused.

"What's up?!" I lost it. "What's UP?! ILL TELL YOU WHATS UP! TAXES, UNEMPLOYMENT RATES, AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE!! THATS WHATS UP! SO UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO RIP OFF YOUR ARMS AND FEED THEM TO YOU, I SUGGEST YOU GO AWAY!"

He didn't look concerned. Instead, he cocked his head to the side and said, "Are you on your period?"

"MAYBE!" I yelled.

He nodded thoughtfully. "Ok. Be right back."

And with that he ran back into his house.

I rolled my eyes and shut my window with a loud bang.

~~~

Not five minutes later, there was a ring at the front door.

Instantly I grew suspicious.

Was it an undercover cop here to arrest me?

Wait- what am I thinking, I've done nothing wrong!

Force of habit.

Someone must have let the person in, and soon there was a knock at my door.

I went to open it, only cracking the door open enough so that I could see, and what I saw was Josh was standing in the hall with a grin and a purple bag.

I narrowed my eyes. "There's no way Jacob let you in."

He shrugged, "You're right, it was another girl, that brunette."

Camille.

"Well, you might as well come inside then," I said, opening the door wider and gesturing with a sweep of my arm.

"Don't mind if I do," He said, walking inside.

"What's in the bag?" I questioned as he set the purple tote down on my bed.

"Oh, nothing much," He said nonchalantly. "Just chocolate, ice cream, a mini DVD player, and the first season of The Bachelor."

A small gasp escaped me. I absolutely loved the bachelor.

"How did you know?" I smiled, taking the ice cream out to see a tub of German Chocolate.

He shrugged. "My sister got her period once."

I raised an eyebrow. Once?

He didn't notice my confused look, and instead began unpacking the bag of goodies.

As he popped the disk into the DVD player, I opened the tub and grabbed a spoon from the bottom of the bag.

He pressed play and took out the chocolate bar and began unwrapping it while I became fixated on the screen

A half hour later, the ice cream was gone, along with any anger I might have had.

I was enjoying myself too much making fun of the girls, laughing at the drama, and stuffing my face.

Josh was surprisingly fun to watch stuff with, and I felt a small burden being lifted from my chest the longer I spent with him.

However, the episode soon ended, and we were faced with a different problem.

"How the heck are we gonna get you out of here?" I asked.

If Jacob saw him, he'd throw a fit.

"I could climb out the window?" He offered.

I shook my head. "Have you seen the drop? And onto stone too."

He nodded. "Umm... you could cover me with a sheet and pretend I was Hayley?"

"No, you're too tall. And Hayley would never let me randomly throw a sheet over her and keep it there, believe me- I've tried."

"Umm..." He trailed off, out of ideas.

"I've got it!" I exclaimed. "We will become Secret agent Spies."

"Cool!" He grinned. "I had a dream like that once."

"Great, then its agreed," I smiled. "Follow my lead."

I opened the door just enough to pop my head out, and I looked from side to side.

All clear.

I motioned over my shoulder for Josh to follow me.

My feet silently padded out the door and down the hall, as we quietly tiptoed towards the stairs.

Then, when we got there, I went first to check the coast.

Then, we snuck down the stairs until we made it to the front door.

He opened it, and gave me a salute. "Nice job."

I smiled, and then an idea hit me.

I could escape.

Now.

For a moment I was seriously considering it, but then a blonde, sunny head popped into my mind.

I couldn't leave Hayley. Who knows what they would do to her if I was gone? I'd have to wait and escape together.

Instead, I saluted back.

He walked outside and shut the door, while I stood there grinning with delight.

Then, I turned around and made my way into the kitchen, still chuckling.

Little did I know that Jacob had heard our laughter and had been watching with a sad, hurt expression from the top of the stairs.