Chapter Sixty Six

"Alright," I said, staring at the door to my dorm

"Alright," I said, staring at the door to my dorm. "We're here."

Jacob nodded, and waited.

I didn't do anything though, I was still thinking about what I was going to say to Paige when she answered.

"So..." he trailed off, "Are you going to like, knock?"

I breathed out, and decided to just go for it.

I knocked twice, then waited.

There was no response. How annoying.

I knocked very aggressively this time, and a couple seconds later, there was a response.

"Who's there?" Her voice rang out into the hallway.

"Who do you think? It's Aileen," I called back impatiently, tapping my foot against the floor.

"Prove it!" she responded.

"No," I said.

"You're definitely Aileen," she decided, and opened the door.

I waited in irritation as she finally opened the door, standing there in pajamas and crossing her arms at the sight of me.

"Aileen, you bitch," she said, "you just took the whole pizza and left me here hungry!"

"Excuse me," I exclaimed, planting my hands on my hips. "I'm a bitch? I've been missing for weeks and you don't look worried at all!"

"Fine then," she yelled back. "We're both bitches!"

"Agreed!" I said affirmatively.

There was an awkward pause.

"Also I may have missed you," Paige added as an afterthought.

"Agreed," I said again.

Then she awkwardly held out her hands for a hug, and I complied. I think it was equally uncomfortable for the both of us.

I withdrew as quickly as socially acceptable, and looked at Jacob, who was also looking very uncomfortable.

Paige followed my gaze and seemed to notice him for the first time.

"Who's this?" she said, looking him up and down. "He is really attractive."

My face involuntarily screwed up. I did not like that.

Jacob blushed a little as she turned to him and asked, "Are you single?"

"No," I said with a bit of uncharacteristic possessiveness, reaching out and looping my arm through his as if to stake a claim.

His face grew even redder, which I didn't even think was possible, but I simply ignored it.

Paige looked unconvinced.