Chapter Fifty

"Oh gosh," I said, beginning to hyperventilate

"Oh gosh," I said, beginning to hyperventilate. "Oh my gosh. This is it. This is a DISASTER!"

"We know!" Carson shouted back, hastily shoving through every drawer in his dresser to find a way out of this room.

"I'm scared," Jacob said, still crouched in the corner.

"We're all scared right now!" I yelled at him. "Now suck it up and deal with it like a man!"

"Don't yell at me!" He protested.

I sighed. He was right.

I was a terrible person.

Hayley was out there right now, all alone and defenseless.

And I was yelling at Jacob.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, looking at him in the eyes.

A look of confusion crossed his face, and then his expression softened. "Me too."

"What have you got to be sorry for?" I asked, bewildered.

He looked down at the ground. "Everything. I'm sorry I kidnapped you, and then I yelled at you, and then I touched you, and then I tried to punch you, and then I turned into a wolf and tried to attack you, and I'm just sorry for getting you into this whole mess in the first place. And most of all, I'm sorry that I'm actually not sorry. Because I don't regret one bit of it. I've enjoyed every day since you've got here. Every day of fighting, arguing, and occasionally attacking. You've made life interesting. And I'm not sorry that I feel this way either."

Then he looked back up at me to gauge my response.

I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Wow," I finally said. "That was a lot of words."

His eyes widened, "That's what you took from that? I practiced that speech in front of my mirror for weeks-"

"Guys, focus," Camille suddenly hissed. "We need to get out of here."

"Right," I said, desperately trying to find something to distract myself with. "Um, do we have a gun?"

Carson stopped his frantic searching to glare at me.

"Of course we have a gun," He spoke dryly. "That's why I'm tearing this place apart right now, trying to find something useful to break the door down."

I held up my hands. "My bad."

"Do we have a bomb?" Jacob asked.

Carson turned his cold gaze onto him. "Are you guys trying to get me to loose it?"

"You can't loose something you don't have," Jacob added helpfully.

Carson looked like he was about to explode.

And then, like the flip of a switch, his expression changed.

He went from murderous, to realization.

"Oh, my, god," He said to no one in particular. "I can't believe I didn't think of this before!"

And without further explanation, he ran into the the end of his bed and dove onto the floor.

Carson rummaged around under the bed for a bit, before pulling out something proudly in his hand.

A screwdriver.

We all went crazy.

I started crying in delight, I hugged Jacob, and Jacob shouted with joy.

"WHAT DONT YOU HAVE UNDER THERE?" I shouted in joy.

Then Carson quickly went to work on the door, until finally, he managed to kick it open.

"YES!" He triumphed. Then we noticed the two guys who were guarding the door.

"NO!" Jacob wailed.

"COME AT ME YOU BIG UGLY COW!" I shouted, jumping on the one closest to me.

He fell over in surprise, and I took the advantage to pummel his face with my fists.

"OH YEAH!" Jacob yelled, and joined me in my pummeling.

"TAKE THAT YOU WANNABE!" I shouted. "AND THAT! AND A BIT OF THIS!"

"TAKE THIS TOO!" Jacob cheered, pummeling some more.

"YOU THINK YOURE A THUG?! YOU DISGRACE THE NAME!" I added. "FEEL MY WRATH!"

"FEEL MY FISTS!" Jacob added.

"I AM THE BADDEST GANGSTER, AND DONT YOU FORGET IT, PUNK!" I yelled.

"I LOVE THIS!" Jacob cried in delight.

Camille and Carson took care of the other guy, and soon, they were both running for the hills.

"THATS RIGHT!" I called after them. "YOU BETTER RUN! AHAHAHAHHAHA!"

"Let's get Hayley!" Carson yelled, running downstairs at full speed.

I, however, was much too tired to run downstairs.

"I'll-be-right-behind-" I panted, bending over with exhaustion.

I caught my breath slowly.

What a rush.