Chapter Fifity Seven

"Jacob, you are such an idiot," I told him

"Jacob, you are such an idiot," I told him. "The walls are literally gray."

"This game is too hard!" He complained.

I threw my hands up in the air. "It's I Spy!"

For the last five minutes Jacob has been trying to figure out what I spy, and he still hasn't gotten it.

Even though the only things in the hallway were doors, walls, the ceiling, the carpet, and a few hanging lights.

Also, I told him te color was white, and the only white thing was the carpet.

He thought. "Do teeth count?"

"That's it!" I exclaimed. "You lose. It's the carpet."

His eyes grew wide. "Ooooh! I forgot about the carpet."

I was about to say another sarcastic reply when the door behind us suddenly opened.

Unfortunately, Jacob and I were leaning against said door, and we fell back at his feet once the door was pulled open.

Also unfortunately for me, Jacob is an absolute idiot, and somehow managed to flail around enough mid-fall to land right on top of me.

I fell on my back, and his heavy, oddly muscular body slammed on top of mine.

"Ow!" I complained, the breath knocked out of me. "What the hell!"

"Sorry," He said sheepishly, propping himself up in his elbows that were on either side of me.

I blew an annoyed hair out of my face and glared at his very close face.

He then seemed to realize the position we were in, him propped on top of me and looking down intimately, and blushed.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away, "Get off of me."

He obediently rolled away as I went to stand up.

My hands brushed myself off as he scrambled to a standing position.

That's when I noticed something.

Hayley was blushing, her hair looked frizzier than normal, and she kept sneaking side glances at Carson.

Carson looked positively radiant, practical emitting sun rays at us, and I almost had to squint my eyes.

"So, what were you guys doing in there?" I questioned, planting my hands on my hips and glaring suspiciously at them.

"Each other," Jacob coughed.

I turned and gave him another high five.

We were becoming quite the team!

"In all seriousness though, what was going on?" I asked.

"Sex," Jacob coughed again.

Another high five.

"But for real, what was going down in there?" I asked.

"Hayley's pants," Jacob coughed again.

"Jacob, are you getting sick?" Carson asked, crossing his arms. "Do you need some cough medicine?"

"I was making a joke," Jacob argued.

"You don't need to make a joke," Carson replied, "You already are one!"

Nice! I high fived Carson.

"Traitor!" Jacob accused, watching our transaction.

I shrugged, "I'm loyal to only myself."

"Anyways," Hayley interrupted, "We have some matters that need discussing."

But it looked like nobody wanted to discuss matters.

Carson scratched the back of his neck, "Actually, I have a thing that needs doing..."

Jacob scratched his chin, "And I have some pictures that need coloring..."

I scratched my arm, "And I have some topics that need avoiding..."

Then something hit me.

I turned to Jacob and raised my eyebrows, "Wait, you use coloring books?"

He shrugged, "I like to color inside the lines."

Ew, sounds like rules. I'm allergic to those.

"About those coloring books..." Carson began awkwardly. "Pancake kinda got excited the other day..."

Jacob's eyes began to widen, "Pancake ate my coloring books?"

Carson said, "Maybe?"

Just then, Pancake came waddling down the hallway with a Bob the Builder coloring book in his mouth that had been, for the most part, torn to shreds.

Jacob watched in agony as the German Shepard pattered over to Carson's room, dropped the coloring book on the floor right inside the door, and walked back out, heading for Jacob's room again.

"Halt!" Jacob cried, chasing after the dog stealing his children's coloring books. "That's stealing, and stealing is illegal!"

"My respect for this dog has just gone up a couple notches," I mused, watching the dog run away from Jacob and enter his room.

Jacob gave a huff and gave up chasing him, coming back over to us in a dejected manner.

"So we have done absolutely nothing productive so far," Hayley observed. "I think we should discuss what's going to happen now."

We all looked away from her, whistling tunes and avoiding eye contact.

Finally she got frustrated and demanded, "What's up with you guys, why don't you want to talk about the future?"

"Because I don't know what I'm going to do," I answered honestly.

"Because I don't know what Aileen's going to do," Jacob added.

"Because I'm hungry and want to eat," Carson finished.

"Great idea, let's get lunch!" I turned to him and said.

Hayley made a frustrated noise but, after being passed out, even she couldn't deny how hungry she was.

"Where should we go?" I pondered.

"I hear Wendy's is nice this time of year," Carson suggested.

"Wendy's it is!" I cheered.

Hayley facepalmed.

Hey guys!!!
Just out of curiosity, I have a couple of questions:

Who is your favorite?

Hayley

Aileen

Carson

Or Jacob.

Also, which couple do you ship the most?

Cayley

Jaileen

Or Jarson?

HA! Just kidding about that last one.

Thanks!