Chapter Sixteen

"I think I'm gonna need a little more detail on the whole kidnapping thing though," Camille said, walking further into the room

This "Camille" girl showing up was really disappointing, to be honest. I'd gotten my hopes up thinking the police were about to bust in, but I should have known better.

When have the police ever helped me?

"So talk," Camille's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked over to see her crossing her arms and waiting while the boys squirmed uncomfortably.

"Ummm..." Jacob trailed off, scratching his head.

"Errrr..." Carson rubbed his chin.

"Ahhhhhh," Jacob scratched the back of his neck.

"Uhhhhh," Carson rubbed his jaw.

"Well, I mean, we were here," Jacob began.

"So then we saw," Carson continued.

"And then we went and did," Jacob said.

"So we came back," Carson said.

"And now here we are!" Jacob finished.

I looked up at Hayley, who furrowed her eyebrows. Then we all looked around at each other, none of us really sure what to make of that.

"Wow," Camille said finally, with a deep frown. "That was vague."

"It was what happened," Carson countered.

"Whatever," She muttered. "I guess what you did can't be any worse then what my roommate does on a daily basis."

"WAIT!" Carson suddenly shouted.

I startled, surprised by his sudden outburst, but thankfully I didn't scare as easily as some of the others.

I'd been startled by worse.

I'd done worse.

"AHHHH!" Hayley jumped, tripping on her way back down and ending up crashing to the ground.

Obviously she had not grown up in the hood like me.

"Are you ok?" I asked, bending over to help her up.

"Never mind that, what's up?" Jacob asked, ignoring us.

I steadied Hayley with my arm, only pausing to glare at Jacob.

"What day is today?" Carson asked, suddenly appearing to be deep in thought.

"The day you had a change of heart and set us free?" I hedged.

"It's Monday," Camille offered, leaning against the wall and watching him with an entertained look.

Carson's entire face lit up like a kid getting candy, and he jumped up with a loud, "YES!"