Bonus Chapters: The Date Part 2

The restaurant was beautiful

The restaurant was beautiful. Chandeliers hung every couple feet, the tables were covered with fancy white cloth and roses in the middle, and everyone was dressed nicely.

"Wow," I said, shooting Jacob a sideways glance. "You went all out, didn't you?"

He smiled, and slung an arm over my shoulder as we walked to our table.

I looked up at him with a smirk and he shrugged.

"I think this suit is making me more confident," he admitted, steering toward the right table.

We arrived at a small one with two chairs seated across from each other, and, continuing with his chivalry, Jacob pulled out a chair for me to sit down on.

I took it gratefully, and he took a seat across from me.

I picked up the menu and scanned the dinner items carefully.

"Hmmm," I said, looking down at it. "You're buying, right?"

"Uh, Yes," he answered nervously.

I nodded. "Just checking."

Suddenly, a waiter appeared at our table, smiling so widely I felt blinded by his overly-white teeth.

"Hiss," I complained, putting a hand up to block out the glare, "Could you like, tone it down a little?"

He laughed loudly, exposing more of his teeth, which was pretty much the opposite of what I asked him to do.

"Aren't you two just the cutest thing!" he cooed, beaming. "What can I get for you guys?"

"Some sunglasses," I muttered.

"I'll have some beer," Jacob said.

The waiter raised an eyebrow at him. "You're not 21."

Jacob cursed lowly. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

"I'll have a coke," I told him.

The waiter grinned as he wrote that down.

"I guess I'll just have water," Jacob grumbled.

The waiter continued grinning and writing.

God, did he ever stop smiling?

"Be right up!" he said cheerfully, and turned around to get our drinks.

I frowned after him. "I think I'm losing my appetite."

"Hate that guy," Jacob muttered.

"That makes two of us," I agreed.

We went back to flipping through the menu, until Jacob announced, "I know what I want!"

"What?" I asked.

He leaned over the table and pointed at one of the dishes on my menu. "The Chicken Parmesan."

I nodded, "Sounds good. I think I'll be getting the mushroom ravioli."

"Perfect!" he smiled, satisfied.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, our waiter reappeared.

He popped up behind Jacob and said, "I hear you are ready to order!"

Unfortunately, a voice appearing out of nowhere extremely close to you is something that would scare anyone, and Jacob was naturally more scared of everything than the average person.

"AHH!" he jumped up from his chair and screamed, surprised.

Everyone in the restaurant immediately stopped what they were doing to stare.

Jacob looked behind him to see the waiter, who was still smiling.

"Don't jump out at me like that!" Jacob shouted, putting a hand over his heart. "I could've had heart failure!"

"My apologies, sir," the waiter grinned.

Everyone in the restaurant kept staring, so I stood up and addressed them all, saying, "Return to your own, boring lives, people."

They all went back to what they were doing.

Jacob sat down, still a bit white from the shock, as the waiter placed our drinks down.

"I'll go get the Chicken Parmesan and the Ravioli," he said, returning to the kitchen.

After he had left, I looked at Jacob. "He is getting on my nerves."

"He almost killed me!" Jacob added.

"The food better be good," I mumbled crossly, crossing my arms.

Jacob, not wanting this to be the focus of our date, put his hands up on the table and laced them together professionally.

"So," he said, his voice changing to a serious manner. "Let's talk."

I smiled at him, mimicking his stance by putting my hands together on the table as well. "Talk about what?"

He thought. "Um... our pasts?"

I scrunched my face up. "I'd rather not get into all that. It's a nice place we're in."

"Ok," he nodded, thinking again. "How about-"

"Here is your food!" a voice suddenly said behind me.

"AHHHHH!" I jumped up involuntarily, and I instinctively turned around and punched them in the face.

"Ow!" the waiter said, still smiling. "That hurt!"

"What the hell?!" I cried, putting my hands on my hips. "You can't just sneak up behind me and expect not to be punched in the face, man!"

"My apologies," he smiled, his nose bleeding. "I'm going to go seek some medical attention."

And with that he turned and ran toward the kitchen.

"Yay!" Jacob cheered from behind me. "You got rid of him! This date just got a hundred billion trillion times better!"

This made gave me a self-satisfied smile. Maybe I did just improve our date.

I sat back down as Jacob continued to gush, "That was awesome! I've wanted to punch that guy the first time he told me I was too young for beer! Can you like, punch everyone I don't like?"

I laughed at his antics as a different waiter came and set our food down in front of us.

Now this date can really get started!

Hey guys!
There's going to be one more part after this, and then the book will be officially finished!