Chapter Five

In case you forgot to look, POV switched again^

Sounds came back first.

Wind blowing.

Then smell.

It was fresh, like cotton.

Then touch.

I was sitting in a hard wooden chair, my hands resting on the arms of it, and my feet firmly on the ground.

And finally, sight.

I managed to pry open my eyes to see the room I was in.

I was in a light blue bedroom, pretty standard, with a wide open window.

This guy sure has a thing for open windows.

Then, I noticed another presence in the room. I craned my neck to see that the guy who kidnapped me was leaning in the doorframe casually.

Everything about his position screamed nonchalance, and I took the moment to study him.

He was in all black, with a sweatshirt on, and when my eyes trailed up to his face, I could have sworn my breathing stopped.

He had a nice face, to put it lightly.

A strong jaw, tan skin, a sculpted nose, and beautiful emerald eyes.

His blonde hair fanned out across his forehead, and it looked soft to the touch.

The only flaw I could find was a small scar on the side of his left eye.

Then, he saw that I was awake, and a slow grin settled on his face.

Great. He had devilishly charming dimples too. How convenient.

I slowly looked from him down to the ropes that were holding my wrists and ankles to the chair. "Kinky."

He let out a loud, bellowing laugh.

It was so genuine that it took me back. I was expecting some insane or murderous criminal, not an attractive teenage boy with a beautiful smile.

Ugh, stop that.

"Morning, sunshine," He grinned.

I frowned. "Have you just been watching me while I was out? Because that's kind of creepy..."

"No," He said. "Maybe. Yes."

Charming.

He pushed himself away from the wall and came over to squat down in front of me.

For some reason, I found the position incredibly attractive, but I forced myself to focus.

"Why am I here?" I demanded, trying to sound threatening. It didn't work out very well, my voice cracking on 'here'. I winced involuntarily.