Chapter Two

It had been five years since everything happened. As you can tell, there were a lot of changes. In five years, I've put out two successful albums. From two albums, I was noted as one of the best women to ever enter the entertainment business. I had to give it all to Shawn. He had molded me and made me think. He always told me that I had to think about the future. Living in the moment is a good idea, but sometimes looking into the future was even better. Did I want to become a mediocre artist that burned out after so many years or did I want to leave an impact on the world? Did I want to live life knowing that the world knew all my business or did I want to have something that was sacred to me?

Even to this day, I still believed that Shawn and I would eventually become one. Just as he said, why rush fate? We were living our lives until we were meant to be. I wasn't going to fight with the man or put myself in a position to speed up fate, either. After Shawn went back to the Caribbean to record his album, I immediately went to go and pick my sister up. I wanted to make things right with her. She broke down and thanked me many times. She felt as though she wouldn't have made it if it weren't for me

Months after that, I woke up one morning and realized I didn't like my house anymore. So, I sold it and bought a new one. Julian was more than happy about that one. Shawn and I reunited, but he brought an extra with him. He had a new girlfriend and I wasn't one to disrespect based on feelings. It wasn't her fault that he had a connection. Rihanna always told me that she knew about our feelings and could see it every time we interacted, but she had strong faith that her man wouldn't cheat on her.

I didn't know about all of that.

Waking up the next morning was sheer painful. Julius was still bitching about the conversation last night, and I wasn't a morning person. All my work was generally done at night, so it was hard for me to be cheerful in the morning.

"Seriously, Julius, I wish you'd just shut the fuck up," I interrupted him in the middle of his speech nonchalantly.

Julius stopped what he was doing and just looked at me. It was the look of anger and I knew that he was pissed. He didn't like it when I snapped like that. I was actually used to doing it, because I was around people that didn't care about my little attitude. Shawn would ignore my ass. Corey was probably used to it. Milena knew her attitude was worse. But Julius? Julius liked to be the one in control. I couldn't just sit back and let someone dominate me. It wasn't my style, unless I was in the mood.

"What did you just say to me?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"I saiiiid," I exaggerated, "I wish you would shut the fuck up. You been bitching since you brushed your damn teeth. Shut the fuck up!"

Bitterly, he laughed to attempt to calm himself down. "Watch your mouth, Beyoncé," he warned me.

"Chile please. I'm a grown woman. I can do whatever the hell I wanna do," I remarked before exiting the kitchen.

I wanted to go somewhere, anywhere. I knew that I wasn't going to spend my day in Los Angeles with Julius and his bad ass attitude. I began getting dressed and decided to call Shawn. I knew that, by now, Rihanna was sitting first class in somebody's plane. The moments I enjoyed more with Shawn was when I didn't have to worry about anyone else's feelings. When we were just natural and didn't have to watch our mouths – it was better.

"Sup?" Shawn answered his phone almost immediately.

"I don't wanna be here," I told him honestly.

Shawn laughed. "Why not? That's ya man, Bey."

"Fuck him!" I answered quickly, causing Shawn to laugh even harder.

"Aight, aight, what you wanna do?" Shawn asked.