Chapter Ten

Shawn's POV

After everything at Bey's house was settled down, I knew that I needed to get back home. Rihanna not calling me was never a good sign. I'm not saying that she called me all the time, because she didn't. But the way that I just jumped up and left was enough to make any woman lose her damn mind. I pulled into our home and got out. I walked into our home and looked around for her.

"What did she want?" Rihanna asked me. She was standing in the kitchen with a glass of champagne in her hand.

"What?" When I left, I never told her that I was going to go see Bey. I simply told her that there was an emergency and I needed to leave right quick. Right quick turned into about two hours.

"I know it was her, Jay. You would not have left in the middle of a conversation like that for anybody else."

I sighed, knowing that she was telling the truth. "I apologize, Rih."

"What did she want?" Rihanna asked me again.

I felt uneasy about telling Bey's business to anyone, especially Rihanna. I knew that they were having their little beef, so I didn't want to add fuel to a fire. "Nothing involving us."

"But it involved you enough to have you leave in the middle of our wedding planning?"

I sighed and came closer to her. I knew that I was hurting her deeply. I loved Rihanna, I really did. When it came to things she wanted, she went after. But, my love for Bey was unexplainable. The way she carried herself before was everything I imagined for a woman. But lately, something was happening to her. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was wrong with Bey. She was angrier, and I knew it was more than what she told me last night.

"I apologize. If you would like to continue our conversation, we can, Rih," I spoke softly. I didn't want to agitate her any further.

"We can't continue, Jay. I don't know where you are, right now." She asked, giving me a confused look.

"I'm here!" I laughed, hoping to make light of the situation.

Rih shook her head and stepped away from me. "You've changed. Something has changed tremendously. We've been together for five years, Shawn, but the past six months you've been off."

I just looked at her as she talked, because I was speechless. Honestly, I never thought Rih paid attention to anything that happened. She was a working woman. Yeah, she tried to have family time, but I never really saw the point. I was disconnected with the woman I should've been connected with.

"Before we continue on this whole journey of marriage, I need to know if you are truly ready for this step."

The stare down was intense, and a bit scary. I knew that Rihanna loved me, and it was scary how much she did. After the mess at the event, she apologized to me and owned up to everything. Beyoncé? Beyoncé wasn't trying to hear shit. She was in her own anger and didn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings about it.

"I need an answer, Jay," she told me.

I sighed and looked down to the ground. "Can I have a day?"

She looked at me as if I had lost my damn mind. I knew that she was probably contemplating slapping the royal shit out of me, but I needed to do something before I went through with anything.

"A day?" Rihanna asked while her thick accent came out clearly. She was pissed and I could tell.

"I just need to make sure that this is the right decision. This is a big step, Rih," I attempted to reason.

Rih looked at me before rolling her eyes. "Whatever. You're not sleeping with me, though." With that, she picked up her glass of champagne and took off. I watched her walk upstairs and to her own office. We had decided that it was best for us to have separate offices in the house; due to us have different tasks.