Chapter Twenty Five

Shawn's POV

That night didn't end too well, and I knew that. After Bey left the event, I knew that things had gotten out of control. I blamed myself, simply because I knew how Rihanna felt. She had been used I an act to make myself seem happy. Because I couldn't be with Bey, I had to fill in some type of happiness. I couldn't go very long with being single, eventually; I would have had to simply live my life. There was a time when Bey was very strict about us just being friends and it was going to stay that way. Fate wasn't something that you could simply just wait on, in my opinion.

When I was told that Bey left, I actually stayed back and had a very civilized conversation with Rihanna. She explained to me how she felt, and I had to explain to her why I did certain things – such as leaving her high and dry for Bey. It wasn't right, and I understood that part. She was more than right about me not answering my calls. I was purposely avoiding Rihanna's calls, because I thought that she'd always want to talk about "us". That wasn't something that I wanted to get into.

After the conversation and having to have Rihanna take me home, I knew I had to go see Bey. She didn't call that night, so I had to go over there and see what was going on with her. I wanted to see where her head was.

I'm sure one can sense the disappointment and madness I felt to see that Julius was staying way later than he needed to. For Bey to even entertain that notion pissed me off. But her kicking me out her house was over the top. I couldn't even think anymore after that. In my mind, we were over. That was the type of disrespect that I couldn't handle.

"Rih?" I called out throughout the house. When I left, all lights were on and she was just relaxing. Now, all the lights were off and it was dark as hell.

"You scared?" She asked me.

"Of?"

"The dark, nigga. You calling my name like Imma save you from Chucky or some shit," she responded and turned on the light.

I laughed before waving her off.

"Why you here?" She asked me.

I had a feeling that she knew why I was here. "I really don't know."

She looked at me while sitting down on the couch. I saw that she was eating. Bag of sunflower seeds. It was always like a late night snack for her.

"Did something happen with you and Beyoncé?" She bluntly asked me.

I almost married Rihanna, so I knew that I could trust her.

"I went over there and Julius opened the door." I told her with a sigh.

Rihanna was seriously just blankly looking at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"I was waiting on you to tell me more," she said.

"That was the first problem, Rih!"

"For who? He opened the door, and? What did she say?"

"She didn't come down until a while later. He and I were arguing."

"About?"

"He answered the door. Why is he there? He has a house."

"Melissa is upstairs. You gone argue with me, too?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"You need to stop thinking about yourself all the damn time, Jay!" Rihanna told me. "Like you live in this world where you think you're always right, and that comes from being superior in the music industry. But you have to realize that you're not always right. What goes on in your head when it comes to our personal life, I can assure you, you're wrong."

"How was I supposed to think?"

"Do you think Melissa and I sleep together?" Rih asked.

I laughed and immediately shook my head. "I know your type. She's definitely not your type."

"If she was. Would you think that?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because she's staying over."

"In a different room. What kind of logic do you use?"

"Somebody answers a door at about 2 or 3 in the morning, I'm going to assume they're fucking."

"So you would've assumed Beyoncé and Solange were fucking?"

"No! They're sisters."

Rihanna gave me a small smirk and shrugged her shoulders. "But seriously, stop assuming and start asking and possibly thinking. Beyoncé doesn't even seem like a person that would cheat."

"I thought you didn't like her?"

"I never said that, Jay. I was upset, because of how you were acting. Granted, I should have come at you, but I was upset that I considered her a friend. You know how I feel about being back stabbed."

I completely understood what Rihanna was talking about. It was the same conversation that I had with Bey once before when she would talk about being back stabbed.

"Go to bed, Jay. And in the morning, go talk to her. Melissa and I are going house hunting later on."

"Keep the house," I told her once she started getting up from the couch.

"What?" Rihanna asked me.

"I said keep the house. I'll just find a small place, since I'm rarely here anyways."

Rihanna looked at me hesitantly. "You can stay here as long as you want, Jay. I'm not going to kick you out of a house that you bought."

It was almost the same thing Bey told me when I told her that she could stay in the house in the Caribbean.

I decided to go ahead and go to sleep.

The next morning, I was up and ready to fix my relationship with Bey. I had taken in what Rihanna said, and I guess she was right. I knew that I fucked up by bringing up the baby to Julius, but I was pissed off that she had him in her house. I called her, but she didn't answer.

Rihanna and Melissa were already gone, so I figured that they were still going to look at houses. I didn't mind her here, since the house is big enough for the both of us. When we were here together, it was almost like no one was here. We never really bothered one another.

I left to go to Bey's house and she wasn't there. I waited, instead of calling her. I think I waited a few hours before she returned back home.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"I can't be here?"

Bey looked at me. "No. Move."

"Why you leaving the kids in the car?"

Bey didn't look at me as she unlocked her house. "Watch them," she said before slamming the door in my face. I groaned and went to the truck to talk to the kids.

"What y'all do today?"

"We're planning my party!" Julian said excitedly.

"Without me?" I asked a bit hurt. Since being in his life, we always planned the party together. It was a family thing for us.

"Yeah. We did the food and cake."

"Where y'all going now?"

"I don't know. Mama won't tell us, but she told us afterwards that she'll cook is dinner and I can get my stuff back."

I frowned up and saw Bey was coming back out with her laptop in her hand. "Where you going?" I asked.

"To handle business, Shawn," she said a bit annoyed.

"What business?"

"MY business! Damn!"

"What's your problem?"

"What's YOUR problem?! I'm a grown ass woman, get out my drive way," Bey said before getting in the driver's seat and driving off. To say I was pissed off was an understatement. I hated when Bey got annoyed with someone.

I decided to follow her to wherever she was going.