Chapter Eighteen

It's Friday, I got a job, but I still ain't got shit to do. It was around ten in the morning, and Shawn and Corey weren't landing until noon. That gave me enough to prepare whatever it was that I needed to get out of the way. They were going over my mother's house, so that they didn't have to dread going back to the doctor's. After that, I was pretty much free to spend with my baby. I was excited, yet nervous. I had never had to actually relay the news to a guy that I was pregnant.

During my wedding, I had to yell it through anger to Jermaine. To this day, I regret having to tell that man that. It wasn't the right time, but everything was perfect before the wedding ceremony. Julian had basically retreated since the whooping he received. He wasn't doing much talking, and I didn't mind it. I'd rather him shut up than me have to put hands on him for his mouth.

"Bey Bey!" Daniel called from the kitchen.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I'm done!"

I smirked and stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. He had asked for me to cook him breakfast earlier. I really wasn't going to, honestly. I had plans on getting breakfast from Burger King and simply taking them to my mother's house.

"Okay, now go get dressed. Do you know what you're wearing?" I asked him as I began cleaning up the small mess that he had made.

Happily, he nodded his head and ran off to his room. "Julian! Get dressed!" I yelled throughout the house. I had no idea where he was, but he had to be bored wherever he was.

I needed to be out this house soon. Even though the drive to my mother's house wasn't long, I had to drive to pick up Shawn, as well. I couldn't and wouldn't be late for that.

"Bey Bey, can I take toys?" Daniel asked when I went to check on him.

"Not many. I don't think Nana wants you to have a lot of toys over her house. Why not just your Leap Pad?" I was trying to encourage him to use it more, and it always seemed to work. We had been spending some time with it together, so I knew that he enjoyed it.

I went to my room and began getting dressed. I needed something that wasn't very tight on my body. I knew that with this baby, I was going to have to change a lot in my wardrobe. I needed things that flowed. It was my favorite pregnancy style.

It wasn't long before I changed from my pajamas to a nice dress. I was good for showing off my legs and the weather, thankfully, allowed this.

"Put your stuff in the truck!" I told the boys and looked around in case I was missing anything. I had my phone, purse, and keys. Hopefully, that was all that I needed. I wouldn't be needing Julius right now, because I would be with Shawn.

"Bey Bey, when are we coming back?" Daniel asked me once we all got into the truck.

"I don't know. When you wanna come back?" I asked him.

"Tonight."

I laughed softly and decided to not respond. I wasn't really planning on picking them up tonight. I wanted a peaceful day without the kids and with Shawn. Sighing, we drove in silence to my mother's house. Truthfully, I didn't want to get out the truck.

My mother's attitude lately wasn't going to ruin my mood today. I was doing everything in my power to simply not ruin my mood. I was walking on sunshine, dammit.

"Have fun!" I told them both as I watched them get out. Julian rang the doorbell and she came out. I simply blew my horn and left.

Once I made it to pick up Shawn, I saw a woman there, as well. The way she kept looking at me made me a bit nervous. I didn't like for people to stare at me when I wasn't doing anything.