Chapter Eight

Going home, I knew it wasn't the end of anything. Julius was still furious, and I couldn't explain exactly why. He wasn't in the argument. Granted, he was my security for the night, and he always hated when I did things to put myself in harm's way, but I could assure everybody, I wasn't the one that needed saving. Rihanna's ass was still mine if I ever saw her; we could be at the Grammy's for all I cared.

Milena was watching the kids tonight, but it wasn't like she had a choice. She refused to go anywhere, so it was just her happening to be there. Julian was responsible enough to handle Daniel on his own. I literally watched Julian provide for Danny one day by fixing him breakfast and lunch. Whenever Danny whined, Julian made sure he shut up with quickness by either giving him something to play with or simply talking to him. After spending those few days in the Caribbean with Daniel, I still couldn't understand why he got so many whooping. Maybe it was just something I looked over.

"Can't believe you," Julius mumbled as he slammed the door.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I hated for anyone who didn't pay bills in my house to slam my door. Therefore, that meant if your ass wasn't me, you wouldn't be slamming no doors up in mine. "Don't slam my door," I told him before continuing to walk.

"Drop the act, Beyonce," Julius told me. I shrugged my shoulders and walked up to my bedroom. I figured the children would be sleep, so I didn't want his loud ass all in open rooms yelling at me.

Once in the bedroom, Julius closed to door and locked it. I rolled my eyes at that. "Before you start, let me just let you know that nothing will change. What happened - happened. I can't take it back, I won't take it back. If I see her again, I will try it again."

Julius let out a deep breath. "Why? What happened to you always being a lady and taking the high road?"

I laughed as I stepped out of my shoes. "Is that everybody's favorite line? Do you guys ever listen to anything else I say?" I asked him.

"We listen to everything, Bey," Julius responded calmly.

"Really? Because you don't act like it. You thought I was going to sit there and take that? You're talking to a woman that beat her mother's ass and has her sister walking around with a plump ass lip," I reminded him. I had told Julius my back story, and for some reason, he thought the lid on my anger was very much so sealed.

"That's nothing to boast about."

"I'm not boasting. I'm just letting you know," I shrugged my shoulders. "Can we drop the conversation, though? I don't want to talk about it right now."

Hesitantly, he let it go. I knew that it would come up later, but right now I just wanted to chill. The day was eventful for me. After taking the outfit off, I went through my drawer to find a shirt and tank top, but Julius stopped me. He wrapped his arms around my body and I tensed up, slightly. It had been like this for months. Our sex life was nonexistent, at this point.

"Not tonight," I told him before removing his hands from around my waist.

Julius sighed, "When then, Bey? We haven't had sex in months – nearly a year!"

"I haven't been in the mood," I told him softly.

A chuckle escaped his mouth. "Is there a problem?"

"Nothing is wrong with my body."

"Not talking about your body. Something up with your mind and heart?"

Pausing after I put some clothes on, I looked at him. You ever have a moment when you feel like someone is trying to look inside of your inner self? Julius was working his magic with figuring out exactly what our problem was.