Chapter Sixteen

Bey's POV

"What do y'all wanna do after my appointment?" I asked Julian and Daniel as we were all getting ready. Today was the day of my doctor's appointment. I always had one in the middle of the tour to simply make sure that I was okay. If there were any problems, I needed to weigh my options with continuing with the tour or not.

"We need to plan my party!" Julian told me.

I had been holding off on planning his birthday party, because he wasn't talking to me. Usually, I planned it based on hints he gave, but lately – he wasn't saying anything. It was weird.

"What do you want to do with it?" I asked and helped Daniel tie his shoes.

Julian shrugged. "Can we go skating?" He asked me. "Glow in the dark skating."

I didn't see a problem with that. Julian knew how to skate, so that wasn't a problem at all.

"Just write up the invite list and I'll handle the rest."

We grabbed our things and left out. I was hoping for a paparazzi free day. I was with the kids and without security. Even though Julius and I were supposed to originally find someone else to take over his job, we eventually didn't see a reason for it. We were able to coexist and put our feelings to the side.

"Can I ride in the front?" Julian asked.

"No," I said.

"Rihanna lets me ride in the front," he stated.

"Look at my forehead. Do I look like a Rihanna to you?" I asked him while looking at him through the rear view mirror. I didn't have time to argue with a child about where they were supposed to sit. I hated that Rihanna was irresponsible, but she was no longer a concern for me.

We drove to the doctor's office in silence. Daniel was pretty quiet today, which was weird. I didn't want to speak on it, yet though. He might've been one of those people to wait until someone acknowledged their silence to start talking up a storm.

"Come on," I said as I began getting out the truck. I cautiously looked around and noticed no one. With a smile, we walked into the doctor's office.

"Hey, Ms. Knowles, your doctor said go on back," the receptionist spoke with a bright smile.

"Thank you!" I was glad that I never had to wait in the waiting room. The last time I had to – years ago – I had to sign autographs, take pictures, and politely avoid answering questions.

"Hey, Doc!" I smiled to my doctor. I was very close with my doctor. Even though she wasn't able to travel with me, if she could, she would.

"Hey Bey and Ju. And is this the little man I think he is?" My doctor, Ariana, said while looking at Daniel. She was my personal doctor and the doctor that delivered Julian. Sadly, she wasn't the one that delivered Daniel, due to Milena's stubbornness.

"Yes, this is Daniel. He's my little sister's son."

"Awee. Hi, Daniel. My name's Doctor Ariana."

"Hi," Danny said shyly. I laughed and pointed to where he and Julius could sit down.

"Alright, so I heard about you falling out," she said as she went through my file.

"Yep."

"They said dehydration and exhaustion. You rest up?"

I nodded my head.

"How long?"

"For the rest of that week. And now I'm on a full month break."