Chapter Forty Four

September 4

It's my birthday, and guess what? Shit has already been bad. I woke up this morning to the news that Kelly had resigned from being my manager and publicist. No, she didn't tell me before publicly releasing this information. Hell, I found out after everybody else.

Groaning, I looked at Ty. He had bought me beignets and hot chocolate for breakfast.

"Have you called her?" He asked me as I ate.

I sighed hard. "I've been trying to contact her all morning and I get nothing."

It was really hard to not think the worst right now. About three weeks ago, I talked to Kelly about her relationship. I really had to step away from our business relationship, because it was messing with her business. She was arriving to meetings late and she simply wasn't on the top of her game. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. I knew what it was like to be in certain situations. Granted, no man has ever laid his hands on me, but there has been a lot of pain. Jermaine fucked with my mind. Shawn raped me. Twice. Damn, I've only been with two guys?

"I really hope she's okay. My gut isn't liking this," I sighed.

Ty stared at me before speaking, "It's your birthday. You shouldn't have to think about any of this. Just eat them beignets and hush. Do whatever before the show," he preached.

I laughed because Ty was big on birthdays. You had to make your birthday about you around that boy. You know he called me and cussed me out when he found out I scheduled a show on my birthday?

This birthday wasn't going to be an ordinary one. I was overseas and everyone else was in New York. I had convinced Shawn to go ahead and do this final project with Kanye, so they were in Paris working their asses on.

It worked, since I was busy and he was busy, as well. It made no sense for him to just sit around while I worked. We made time for one another on my breaks, and even flew out together to be with the kids. Wondering who are keeping the kids? Corey and Nia actually offered. Corey came to me with a damn business plan to keep kids.

I think he and Nia were really trying to make this work. Corey's mother, Gloria, had moved in, but from what I can understand she's being in a pain in the ass for them. Honestly, mother or not, you won't disrupt and disrespect my damn house. Don't she got a man? You know, the one she chose over Shawn?

"But girl let me go," Ty said finally after we talked a few more minutes.

"Really?!" I asked.

Ty blinked. "Girl stop sounding desperate and find you some damn friends! You the biggest superstar and you ain't got no friends."

I laughed hard at that. It was true though. I really didn't have any friends, and it was a bit upsetting. I had a hard time separating friendship and business, since I never wanted the two to cross, yenno?

"Can you stay, please?" I asked while giving a slight pout.

Ty blinked at me and shook his head. "Girl, I gotta go. Go out and have fun. Not too much, you got a show tonight," he reminded me as if I could forget.

Do you know upsetting it is to have to spend your birthday away from everyone? I mean everyone is in separate locations and it was saddening. Sighing, I picked up my phone and tried to call Kelly once more. I was truly worried about her at this point.

Getting the voicemail, I let out a deep breath and left a message. "Kelly...it's Bey again. I'm really getting worried about you. Can you call me back? Send a text? Anything, Kelly." I was getting desperate at this point. What the hell was going on?