Chapter Four

I woke up in the wee hours in the morning to take Julius to the airport. I had to put on my best disguise, but I knew that people would see him and immediately know that it was me. We had to do our little lovey dovey scene at the villa, since it was a secret that we were even together. I knew that he hated that much, but I couldn't allow my personal life to get in the way of my career. In my opinion, that was the problem with the music industry at the moment. Everyone was trying to be more relatable by doing normal things using Twitter and Instagram. Me? I was normal by doing normal things such as working and being a mother. How much normal could a person get?

I was glad that we were able to do the whole airport scene in private, though. I never got how the paparazzi knew exactly when to be at the airport. It was weird and it made me sick to my stomach whenever I had Julian with me. When he was younger and not able to make the decision to be in the spotlight, I can admit to my meltdowns, but I was a mother protecting my child. It was why I opted to take Shawn's private jet whenever it was possible.

It was exactly two weeks before I was kissing a normal schedule goodbye. Two weeks until I would be embarking on a world tour. Touring life was a hard life. I was aware that I couldn't be around loved ones every single day, so you had to learn to cope. Everyone always made arrangements to come and surprise me, and that was a good thing. Last tour, Julius was with me every single day. Back then, I was happy about that. He was there to make me rest and to stop pushing myself too hard. He was there when I needed that pep talk about me not being able to finish the tour. One thing I could say about Julius was that he was good at making you believe in yourself. Sadly, this time was going to be different. He wasn't going to be around all the damn time, and a part of me wished that he could be.

Returning home, I slept until I heard my phone constantly going off. I knew that I had to have sent that person to voicemail four times already, but they clearly didn't understand a damn thing. I groaned and looked at my phone to see Kelly's name. I looked at the time and immediately jumped out of the bed. I had forgotten all about the meeting I had set up with her. Kelly has been my manager for a while now. Like most of my staff, she was recommended to me by Shawn. She and Shawn had apparently gone to high school together and she always told him how she wanted to be a manager. Sadly, she never got her big break, until Shawn figured that I could use her. Let me tell you, the girl was great at what she did. Any rumors about me, she was quick to report it to me and tell me what her advice was. If there was somewhere I needed to be, she made sure that I was there and the most talked about. One thing I didn't let her do, though, is pay off anyone.

I quickly ran down the stairs and opened the door for her. She gave me a look before coming inside, "Mmmhm. What chu been doing?" She asked as she sat her purse down on the couch and turned to look at me.

Shaking my head, I laughed at her. "Sleeping. I had to wake up to take Julius to the airport."

She frowned at that statement. "I still don't understand why you're extending your stay here. That's not like you, Bey. Before a tour, you're always at home with Ju. Is there something I should know before it comes out?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Julius and I had a small argument. He will not continue being my bodyguard until I find a new bodyguard."

Kelly cringed at that idea. "Are you sure about that, Beyoncé?"

"Why would I be?"

"Julius has been on tour with you already before. He knows what the position entitles. He has the mentality to do it. He has first hand training of it. I think you should keep him on the team for the tour and hire someone else for the whole personal bodyguard thing." Kelly shrugged her shoulders after finishing giving advice.