Chapter Thirty Seven

After returning home that night, I simply went to sleep. I didn't want to have to deal with anything. I woke up the next morning and realized that it was Father's Day. Despite whatever was going on with Shawn and I, I felt as though it was important that Julian celebrated the day with Shawn. As far as Daniel went, I had no idea what to do with him. This day would always be bittersweet for me. It reminded me every year that my father was gone.

"Ju," I cooed, waking my baby boy up. With everything going on, I hadn't even gotten the man anything for the day.

Julian woke up shortly afterwards and I told him to go and get dressed.

I walked in Daniel's room to see that he was already awake and playing with his LeapPad. "Hey," I said softly and got on the floor with him.

"Hi Bey Bey," he said while smiling at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Learning how to wead," he said without looking at me.

I had noticed that he had taken a strong liking to his LeapPad. It was like out of all the little toys I bought for him, that was his favorite. I was glad that he was still taking his education serious at such a young age.

"You want to buy a LeapReader and books today?" I asked him curiously.

Excitedly, he turned around, "Yess!"

I laughed softly. "Alright, go take a bath and get dressed, okay?"

Daniel ran off to go and do as I said. Meanwhile, I went to get dressed as well. I didn't know what I was going to do to my hair, but I didn't want to think about it right now.

I decided to put on a simple shirt with black pants. I threw my hair in a ponytail and added simply accessories. "Y'all ready?"

"Where we going?" Daniel asked me as we were walking out.

"It's Father's Day. We gotta go and get Shawn something."

"Can we get him food, Bey Bey?" Daniel asked me.

I smirked a bit. "You wanna take him out?" I asked.

"Yess!"

Laughing, I agreed and we pulled out the driveway once everyone was inside. I didn't see the point in having a body guard lately. The boys were good when it came to being around fans and paparazzi. Daniel was acting like Julian when he first started getting photographed. It was like he was coming to America. Hilarious.

The first place that we went to was Audemars Piguet. I knew that Shawn loved their watches, so it was only natural that I got him one. I figured we could all get him individual gifts.

"Ms. Knowles," the sales associate said, greeting me. "I see you're back with us."

I laughed softly. "Of course. I'm looking for something for Jay for Father's Day."

"I think I can save you the trouble," she said happily. "The last time he was here, last month, he was eyeing this watch," she told me while pulling out one of their newer watches. Looking at it, I automatically knew she was telling the truth. It was Shawn's style.

"I'll get it," I told her after admiring it.

"Mommy, I want one."

"Boy, please," I said dismissing him quickly.

"Pleaseeee!"

I laughed a bit as the woman handed me my bag. "I'll think about it for your sixteenth birthday. Alright?"

Julian didn't even answer me as we piled back into the truck. "Ok, Ju where you wanna go?"

We ended up in Saks Fith Avenue, somehow. Julian ran around that store for a long time trying to find the perfect gift. Was I tired? Hell yes. We ended up buying Shawn a new suit that would go well with his new watch. I laughed hard when Daniel came up with the shoes. It was a good shopping trip, though.