Chapter Forty Five

Waking up the next afternoon, oh I was over it. I laid in the bed, only in my undies. I didn't remember anything past a few moments into the dinner. I knew I had to have been drunk. I don't drink as much, and that was my reasoning behind it. Drinking a lot also wasn't good for the job that I was required to do.

Groaning, I threw my feet off the bed and rubbed my eyes. I stepped down and immediately stepped on an object. "Shit!" I yelled as I immediately grabbed my foot and went to massaging it.

I looked down at the small box on the floor and picked it up. I immediately knew that it was a ring box. Frowning up, I opened it and my heart nearly stopped. It was a beautiful 35 carat blue diamond. Trust me, I knew my diamonds, and I also knew that this ring had to be well over twenty four million dollars. Blue diamonds weren't cheap, loves.

The ring was so precious and literally had me in awe as I continued to walk to find my phone. I didn't know what I had done with it, so I used the hotel's phone to call him.

"Yes?" He answered.

"What is this?"

There was a pause. "What is what, Beyoncé?"

"What is this?! What is this ring, Shawn?!" I was frantic by now. Engagements and marriages just wasn't my cup of tea. I felt like I was honestly scarred from that. My last wedding, I was pregnant and had the worst time of my life.

"It's an engagement ring, Bey."

"Why?" I knew that my questions were a bit too obvious, but I needed this to be clear as possible.

"Because I want to marry you, Beyoncé. I thought your birthday would've been the perfect time to ask."

"Why not do it at the dinner?"

"There's a fifty fifty chance you would've decline. I appreciate my pride."

I laughed softly as I continued to look at the ring. It was truly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I've never had a real blue diamond in my hand, let own own one. I stuck to the typical diamonds.

"This is sudden. Very sudden," I spoke, mainly to myself.

"I know, Bey, and that's why I don't want to rush it. I just want you to know that I'm done with us not knowing where we're going. We're going to that altar, Bey."

This made me smile hard. I loved how Shawn was confident and he knows what he wants. It was always a trait that he had. It was like when we first met, he knew he wanted me and he went after it. Me? I was scared of Shawn's love. We weren't together, right now, but we knew one another. I knew that I loved Shawn, and I knew that Shawn loved me.

"Okay."

"Okay?" He asked.

"Okay. Yes."

Shawn laughed a bit. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I smiled. "Where are you?"

"Taking my ass back to Paris with Kanye like you told me too."

I burst out laughing. "I told you that?!"

Chuckling, Shawn answered me, "Yes! You snapped, so I left."

"I'm sorry! You shouldn't have left," I spoke while pouting.

"Nah, you was too hot. In more than one way."

I shook my head at that before hearing a knock at the hotel door. "Someone's at the door, I'll call you later?"

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you too," I said before hanging up. I closed the box shut and went to open the door. I was more than shocked to see Kelly standing in my doorway. I simply looked at her with concern on my face. She looked normal, but the vibe that she gave was a different story.