Chapter Forty Three

Beyoncé's POV

Who the fuck is she talking to? I didn't know this woman from another woman, but y'all know me and disrespect don't get along. Therapy had been going wonderful, great actually. I've learned to remove myself from a lot of situations. But see, she brought this situation to me.

"I'm Beyoncé," I reiterated to her. She didn't know anything else more than that.

Michelle smirked. "I'm aware, dahling. Superstar. Singer. Mother. Beef with Rihanna?"

I rolled my eyes immediately. "There was no beef with Rihanna."

"Really?" She asked with that damn smile on her face. She made me feel uncomfortable.

A waiter with a tray of drinks was walking past, and she just had to stop them. "Oh!" She asked grabbing two drinks. She handed one to Shawn.

"He can't have that," I told her as I went to get the drink from his hand. With therapy, we had figured a pattern of things. Every time Shawn blacked out, there was alcohol involved. To save everyone, he had stopped drinking. Even though I always thought he was a social drinker, apparently when shit gets tough, he turns to drinking.

"He's pregnant?" Michelle questioned.

Corey soon came over. I looked at him and I think I gave him the hint. "I see you met my sister, Michelle. Are you behaving?" He asked Michelle.

Michelle laughed a bit. "Of course. Beyoncé and I were just talking, you know?"

Corey shook his head. "We both know you. Behave, Michelle," he warned her.

Shawn smirked a bit. I didn't see shit amusing about this situation. "How y'all end up talking?"

Corey shrugged his shoulders. But, before he could speak, she answered. "I called him."

"Why?"

"How else did you think he knew about mother? You two were too busy stacking paper and partying with the stars, you neglected poor mama. I called him and he assured me that he would contact you."

The way she glared at Shawn wasn't normal. It looked like she was seriously pissed off that he didn't come through when their family needed one another.

"And he did," Shawn simply replied. He was clearly unfazed by his sister's antics.

"Babe!" I heard Nia squeal. In tow with her was Shaundra and another woman.

"Oh," she said softly when she realized we were all in a huddle and conversing. "Well, these are my sisters – Shaundra and Taraji. Girls this is Shawn, Beyoncé, and...?"

"Michelle. Who are you?" Michelle asked immediately.

Nia looked at her and didn't say a damn word. I looked at her two sisters and they were all giving her the same damn look. I wanted to laugh so hard, so I simply buried my face into Shawn's shoulder.

"Michelle, this is my girlfriend, Nia. Nia, this is my baby sister, Michelle," Corey finally spoke after shaking his head.

"Oh! Someone with a title! How are you sweetie?"

"I'm...fine," Nia uneasily spoke.

"Are you okay?" Her sister, Taraji, asked Michelle.

"Excuse me?" Michelle asked.

Taraji shook her head and walked off. Michelle, Shawn, and Corey sat there dumbfounded. It was like only the other girls and I knew exactly what the hell that was. The fact that Michelle came to this event and not knowing Nia was highly disrespectful. I mean she clearly called Corey her babe.