Chapter Thirty Three

Julian's POV

I woke up the next morning to get dressed. I was finally eight, and I couldn't wait to tell Ms. Shaundra about my party! I know she was there any everything, but we could have different experiences. Mama said that when we left there, we could come back home and set up my new laptop. I couldn't wait to finally have it up and running!

Everybody got dressed and mama drove me to the place. She asked me if I wanted her go to in with me, but I'm a big boy! I can talk to Ms. Shaundra on my own. I didn't want my mama in my business anyway. Walking in, I smiled at Ms. Shaundra and sat down in the bean bag that I did before.

"How are you?" She asked me with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm good. A little tired," I replied.

She smirked. "Long night?"

I nodded my head. "Me and my cousin, Danny stayed up to watch movies. But Danny fell asleep after the first one."

"Why didn't you go to sleep after that?" She asked curiously.

"Because of mommy."

"What happened with your mother?"

I shrugged my shoulders, because I really didn't know. "I don't know. I just heard her in her room. I could tell that she was upset, though."

Ms. Shaundra nodded her head slowly. "How does it make you feel that you think your mom was upset?"

"It makes me upset," I replied lowly.

"How was your birthday?"

Immediately, my sadness was gone. I couldn't wait to tell her about my birthday. "Well, mommy woke me up and told us to get dressed so I could go to breakfast. Danny started beating on me. We went to breakfast and ate," I told her.

"Was it good?"

"Delicious! Then mommy took me to the Apple store so I could get a laptop."

"Really?" She asked in a shocked time of voice.

I was too happy to tell this story. "Then we came back home, changed, and went to the party. I had so much fun. All my friends were there!"

"What about family?" She asked.

There was an immediate sadness on my part. "My mom was there. My grandma and aunt came and told me happy birthday, but that they had to leave. My dad didn't show up."

"Aww, did he have something else to do?" She asked me.

"My mama said that he told her he was coming. I got a gift from him, but I never saw him," I told her with a slight shrug to my shoulders.

"What was the gift?" She asked me.

"A game for my Xbox."

"How do you feel about him not showing up?"

"Mad. Rihanna didn't show up either!" I blurted out from anger.

Her face did something. It was like she had known something. "Did your mother talk to you about why?"

"No, she doesn't talk to Rihanna."

"Why not?" She asked curiously.

Again, I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know why my mama and Rihanna didn't talk, but I could tell that my mama didn't like her one bit.

"You happy about your birthday, though?" She asked me.

I sat there for a while and thought about it. "I guess," I said. Even though I was a bit upset with certain people, I still had fun.