Chapter Twenty One

I was dead tired right now. I had just gotten off the phone with Corey, and he was making his way over to the house. I needed to talk to him about Julian, and quickly. I didn't want my son's behavior to get out of control. It was times like these when I just wished that I could just make everything better. Shawn had tried to tell me, but I wasn't listening. I was having meetings back to back about a lot of things. I was handling business and personal all on one day. My feelings were going to have to be placed in the back burner. Later on, I'd have to go to the doctor's office for my D&C. I wasn't prepared for it, but I was aware that it needed to be done.

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked me as I sat down on the end of the bed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just sitting here. I gotta get ready. Kelly should be here in a minute," I told him softly.

Shawn looked at me and sighed. "Bey, post pone the tour," he said as he placed his hand on my cheek. "You need the break. You need to relax a bit, yenno? I tried to get you to not do all this mess in one day, but you're hardheaded," he laughed softly.

My smile was soft, because I knew that he was right. There wasn't a lot of time for me to actually heal from this. I had to get back in shape and make changes to the tour, but I couldn't do that. I needed help, and I was glad that Shawn was helping out as much as he was. I knew that he had business of his own to attend, but he never mentioned nor complained about not being able to do it now.

"Lemme dress you," Shawn said with a slight smile.

I looked up to him like he was crazy. "Excuse me?"

Shawn laughed hard. "Lemme take Ty's job for once."

I waved my hands in surrender mode. I knew he wouldn't let this go. "Fine, hurry up. I gotta get dressed."

Shawn nodded his head excitedly. He walked into my walk in closet and began looking around. I followed behind him and leaned against the wall. He went further to the back, where it was mainly dresses.

"Shawn..." I called out once I realized what he was attempting to do. He pulled out a dress that I knew was going to touch all my curves.

"Stop worrying about your figure, Bey. You're beautiful," he said as he held out the dress to me. Even though I wasn't leaving the house, I knew that this was a huge test.

I didn't want to argue with Shawn, so I simply put the dress on. I walked over to the bigger mirror and looked at myself. The pounds were still adding up, and I looked bigger than normal. I couldn't go anywhere like this. This would only fuel pregnancy rumors and I didn't want to read about them – not now

"Kelly's here," Julian said walking into my room.

I nodded my head and turned to Shawn. "I don't have time to change."

"You weren't going to. Now, hurry up with all these meetings. I'll have dinner ready by the time you're done."

I smiled at Shawn before heading to my office, where Kelly was waiting. She looked beautiful with her kinky curly hair. She was wearing a black and white pencil skirt paired with a bright smile.

"Beyonce," she greeted.

"Kelly," I responded before sitting down at my desk.

"Alright, so I talked to the company and they're willing to cancel the concert after you tape it. Is that okay?"

I shook my head. "I don't need to cancel the tour anymore. I simply need to post pone it."

She frowned up immediately. "Bey, no one is holding a ticket for you to drop a baby and recover."