Chapter Thirty Eight

Beyoncé's POV

I left the house, and went straight to the place where I think I could get answers from. I knew that it was a long shot to get this woman to speak to me about anything, but I felt that, in my heart, she knew something. She had to have known something. There were only two people that could possibly tell me where my sister was, and I was finally ready to figure out what was going on with her. Truthfully, I was tired of everything. I couldn't go on the road with all this mess on my shoulders, so I refused to. Some things had to be fixed. I was willing to sit down with everyone and figure out some outcomes.

I pulled into my mother's driveway and was shocked to see that there wasn't an abundance of unwanted family members here. I got out of my truck and knocked on the door. My mother lived in a nice little suburban area. It was the same house that we moved into after my father passed away. I really didn't understand why we moved out of the other house so quickly. We moved out approximately two months after the funeral.

"Surprised to see you," my step father greeted as he let me in.

I smiled a bit and went inside. "Mama here?"

"She in that bat cave," he said pointing upstairs. I laughed softly and started up that way, but something stopped me. I looked back to my step father.

"What do you know about Milena?" I asked him.

He let out a deep breath and motioned for me to go into the living room. I sat down on the couch and looked at him.

"She comes by sometimes, but not lately. I know she's back messing with that man that she was with earlier."

"How do you know that?" I asked him.

"Trust me, I can tell. It's all in her movements. She's been asking for money."

"Do you give it to her?"

"She doesn't ask me. She asks your mother."

"Does she give her any?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure she has."

"Why doesn't she just help her? Mama has never really just helped her," I said, not understanding it.

"Because Milena's a grown ass woman," my mother said from the doorway.

We both immediately looked at her. She looked pissed off right now.

"Why are you here?" She asked me.

"I came to see you."

"But you're down here with y husband?" She rhetorically asked me.

I laughed softly as this whole thing. "I wasn't aware that it was a crime to talk to other people."

She gave me the evilest look she could muster up, but I felt nothing from it. "You're here about Milena," she stated.

I simply nodded my head.

"How about we make a deal."

I looked over to my step dad and then back to her. "I have to make a deal with you to find out where my sister is?"

"I can't tell you exactly where she is. I can only point you into the right direction."

"Then I'm not making a deal."

"You need to go see Jermaine!" She blurted out.

My step dad immediately looked at me, searching my face for anything. I couldn't do anything but look at my mother. What the hell did I need to go and see that man for? "For what?"

"He wants to see you," she calmly responded.

Laughing softly, I shook my head. "How do you know that? You all in your feelings because he asked at the funeral?"