23.|Irene

February 7th 2016

It's been about 6 months since I worked at JaeOh Inc. I enjoy it here. There's nice people, my colleagues work well together. It's a nice environment. Plus, your working with Oh Sehun himself. Who wouldn't wanna work here.

"Irene." I snapped out of my thoughts and walked into Sehun's office.

I stood in front of him and bowed. Slowly rising my body up again. I saw that he had his hands in his pockets, facing the window with his back facing me.

"Yes Mr.Oh."

"Would you like to have lunch with me?" I was stunned by his question. I should answer yes right?

"Is it urgent?"

Sehun slowly turned around with a warm smile.

"Aniyo. It's just a request."

I gently nodded.

"So? Is that a yes? Or no?"

"Yes. I will." I answered with a smile.

"Great. I'll meet you in the lobby at 12." Again. I nodded, bowed and left his office and headed back to my desk, which is just outside of his.

Once I did. I clasped my hands together and quietly squealed to myself. 

"Omo omo!! This didn't just happen. Sehun just asked my to lunch!!" I then slowly calmed down.

"Calm down Irene. Calm down. It's just lunch. Nothing special." I said, taking in deep breaths. But still. I was having major butterflies in my stomach. 

I soon headed back to work, typing away on my laptop. Soon enough the clock struck 12. And boy. I was ready to meet him in the lobby.

I checked myself a few times, fixed up my hair, and applied lipstick. 

"Okay!" 

I made my way into the elevator where I met Naomi. She smiled and I did the same back.

We didn't speak. It was kinda awkward, but not really. I mean, I don't talk to her in general. We only do when were in meetings. Other than that, not much is spoken between us.

Finally the elevator door opened and we both were about to leave at the same time. When I realized the two of us wouldn't fit at once, so I stopped, but she beat it to me.

"Go ahead, you seem like your in a hurry." I nodded and thanked her.

"Ah, thank you Mrs.Oh." 

I then saw Sehun standing there waiting for me already.

"Irene. Ready?"

"Ne."

Naomi then walked passed us.

"Oh, yeobo."

"Naomi. Where are you going?" Sehun cooed. 

"I need to go talk to abeoji about something. You and Irene have a nice lunch. Annyeong!" Naomi said and kissed his cheek. Making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

She was about to walk away when Sehun held her wrist.

"You want me to drive you there?"

Naomi shook her head and made Sehun let go of her wrist.

"I'll be fine. Just go have a nice lunch."

And so she left. Sehun stood there and watched her until her silhouette could no longer be seen. It was like he was ignoring my presences.

"S-Sehun-"

"Sorry. Let's go?" He cut me off and smiled.

I was lost in his trance. He was so charming, and his facial features just wanted me to do everything I could ever do for him.

"Sehun-ssi. Why did you suddenly want to have lunch with me?"

"Is it wrong for a boss, and secretary to have lunch?" He said back with his brow raised.

I quickly raised my hands and shook my head, defending myself from any other misunderstandings.

"A-Aniyo! I was just wondering is all." Sehun then laughed. 

"I asked you out to lunch because I had a question." 

"Hm? What is it?"

"Don't worry about it. Let's eat first, and we can talk about it." He slowly handed me menu, and after that we ordered our lunch and waited.

I slowly began to feel slightly impatient. 

"Sehun-ssi. Can you please tell me now?"

Sehun placed his phone on the table and crossed his legs.

"Fine."

"I was gonna ask what do women like for a birthday gift."

This time. I raised my brow at him.

"Oh? Well it usually depends on that type of person."

Sehun the pressed his lips together in a thin line.

"Then what would you like to receive as a gift?"

"Me? I would not want anything expensive, but a gift that would have a meaning to it. No matter how small or big the gift it. It all depends on the meaning and thought behind it."

Sehun then clapped his hands.

"Woah. That was beautiful." I blushed and smiled while covering half my face with my right hand.

"Aha. I was just saying the truth."

I wonder if he's planning on getting me gift? I mean. I was his childhood best friend. 

On bigger questions. I still wonder why he hasn't remember me yet.

"Irene-ssi. Your lunch came, eat."

"Aha ne!"

As I was chewing on my food. My brain was brought back to that question.

Why doesn't he remember me?

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Don't you find it odd that Sehun doesn't remember her?

THANK YOU FOR READING!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jennie<3