49.| Irene

January 15th, 2019

I felt so lifeless without him. I never knew that I would be so weak without Sehun... 

"Joohyun-ah. You need to get a grip. You had to see that coming," Joohye said, I curled up in my bed and sighed. 

"Even if I did, I still feel dead and upset, you need to understand that unnie..." I didn't hear her say anything but leave me room, closing the door behind her. I sat up and wiped my dry tears away. 

She's right. I should've seen it coming.

Then suddenly. I heard a knock at the door. I assumed it was unnie, so I told her to go away. I didn't want to be bothered or scolded by her anymore.

"Go away," 

Again the knocking continued. I rolled my eyes as I dragged my feet towards my door, twisting the knob. Revealing probably the last person I would assume to be here right now.

"Jae?"

"Happy to see you still alright," he says. I rolled my eyes as he said so. "What do you mean by that?"

I returned back to my bed and pulled the covers over my head and sighed hard. 

"You know what I mean," I heard him say. Course I know what he means. But he doesn't know that I'm not alright.

"Yeah. I'm not alright. My boyfrien- my ex-boyfriend left me for your girlfriend,"

"Yeah-no. I left Naomi. I was the one who broke up with her," I through my covers off and gawked at him. "NO WAY! You were the one who broke up with her?! Why?? I swear last time I checked, you were still madly in love with her,"

"Yeah... But I learned that she loved Sehun more than she will ever love me. And because I love her, and I want to see her happy, I let her go," I let out a scoff. "Tch. You know how cliché that sounds?" 

Jaehyung sat on the edge of my bed and nodded. "I do. But it's true though. I know that I did the right thing, and I'm 100% sure I will fall in love again. I might not be so easy, but I know it will happen," 

I rested my head against the wall and thought about what he said. 

It's true. We will fall in love again, it won't be easy. But we will heal and move on...

Jaehyung then looked back and me and let out a chuckle, making me shot a glare at him. "What?"

"Nothing... just. I wonder if they never got the divorce, then where would we be right now?" I shrugged. "Probs still single, alone, still working for the Oh and Jae family..." 

"Yeah... and I think I would prefer that over everything right now,"

"Hm..." I hummed back, still feeling depressed and sad.

"Yah! Let's stop thinking about sad things and let's go out!!" 

I shook my head, denying his offer. But he insisted. For the record I didn't agree with it, he grabbed my hand and dragged me off my bed, down the stairs and into his car. Unnie saw and just accepted it.

"Let's go~~!!" Jaehyung said, stepping on the gas pedal. I just leaned back and watched the trees past by. I really didn't want to go anywhere. I just wanted to stay home and watch movies. But I guess going out will help a bit... right?

"Irene~~ We are here!" I looked out the window and just trees. 

"Where are we?" 

"Open the door and you'll see for yourself," I listened and opened it. Once I did, I was welcomed by birds, trees, flowers, nature. It was so refreshing.

"I never knew Seoul had a place like this,"

"That's because we're just slightly outside of Seoul, ever so slightly," I clicked my tongue. "Huh. You learn something everyday right?"

"Yeah. Now c'mon. Follow me!" Jaehyung said, running over, grabbing my hand and pulling me somewhere. But I stopped him. 

"No... I don't want to go anywhere. I just want to go home, Jae! I'm so tired..." Jaehyung stared back at me and sighed hard. 

"Irene! You have been in bed for about 2 weeks.. you know how much it pains me and your family to see you like this. Like c'mon Irene!!" He yells. But it all sounded like a blur. 

"I watched you fall in love with Sehun, but what did he do? He never returned the love that you gave him... you deserve better Joohyun. You deserve so much better,"

I suddenly felt tears fall from my eyes. I closed my eyes and sobbed quietly. 

Jaehyung then pulled me into his arms and patted my head. 

"Shush. You will be fine... I promise you will be fine," 

I wrapped my arms around his body tightly, hiding my face in his chest. 

"Jae... I...-

"I love you too,"

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!

WOWOWOWOW!!!

Thank you for reading!

VOTE/COMMENT!

-Jennie<3