A New Start, My Derrière (1)

*Sorry for the fact that these characters have the same name as my other story - guess I'm not that original -_-" *

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Start, My Derriere

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I exit the plane only to be overpowered with sweat and humidity. I 'stroll' through the airport - lost as always, trying to find my baggage and get out of this hell hole.

Already you're probably wondering who I am and why on earth I'm in a bad mood.

Well my name is Vanessa Heart; and at the age of sixteen - I have spent most of my teenaged life in New York. However once upon a time, I had lived with my father in 'sunny' L.A until the age of six. When, my mother and father, like most parents, decide to split up - moving across the country to be as far away from each other as possible.

Well after a very long flight, I arrive back in my home state. Oh the joy.

I collect my dull looking suitcase from the baggage area. Compared to the brightly coloured suitcases and carryon's, I knew my business like personality wasn't going to fit in here.

I take one step out the doors and regret it.  I automatically see my father waving madly at me, as if I wouldn't see him the first time. Concerned passersby give him weird looks and I can't say I blame them..

I walk over to my over enthusiastic father having him grip me into an extremely tight bear like hug. "I...Cc can't... breathe!" I stammer

My father says to me in a sad,  depressed tone. "Nice to see you kiddo come on, let's get you home." I nod as he leads me to the car.

My father: James Heart. Is a doctor - well a surgeon to be exact. And at the age of 39, he was still pretty young. Considering that he and my mother, got married and started a family straight after high school. He was still in love with my mother, Sophia Mason, and he probably always will be...

They'd split when my mother grew sick of being second best to his career. So she and I, packed up our bags and left. We moved in with my grandmother for a while, until she got herself a stable job as a teacher.

Until this year Aidan, my unfortunate twin brother and I used to switch and visit our other half of the family. Meaning, I go to my dad's and him to my mother's.

Yet, like I said that changed this year.

Last year my grandmother died of a heart attack. Leaving just me and mother; we lived a normal life. We were happy with it all, where we lived, our friends and I even became an A grade student with my mother's help and she loved her job as a teacher...

Until one night, that day changed everything.

-----------------------------------

The day was 14th July 2010.

Location: La Bella - Italian restaurant.

"You look nice today Vanessa, not that you don't everyday. You just look special." Mom suggested trying to make conversation.

"Thanks I guess, you too mom." I said nervously, my mom brought me here to tell me 'important' news.

"Well, as you know I need to tell you something." She says looking down, twiddling her thumbs.

"Mom, what is it? You're scaring me a little..."

She looks up at me. "I...I'm"

The entrance doors swing open.

Four masked men charged in guns in hand. One taller than the rest shoots his gun in the air and screams fill the restaurant. Everyone instinctively plummet and fall to the ground, covering their ears.

My mother, with tears on her face instantly ruining her make up. I move my hand slowly and wipe away her tears and mouth "It's going to be okay." I didn't know whether what I was saying to her was the truth or not. Or  whether we're going to live the next day...

The masked criminals left one by one out the door. The tallest one turned to the people on the ground, smiling as he shot straight forward until he ran out of bullets. Screams became louder as the man ran out the door.

Everyone's crying and people were still screaming. I turn to my mother who's now gone pale. It was my turn to scream,  I found my own mother bleeding pools of blood; staining the carpet around us.

I pulled my mother towards me, not caring that her blood ruins the best clothes I had.

The only mother I had and the only mother I will have, died there and then, in my arms.

------------------------------

If you like this story:

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)