A New Start, My Derrière (21)

Chapter Twenty One 

------------------------------

"Hey" I say, opening the door not looking at him.

"Hey Van, meet Lily May Taylor" He says holding a small child with a smile on both their faces.

"Come in" I say opening the door for them. "Umm Zach?"

"I know it's supposed to be a school working day - art and all, but the baby sitter cancelled and my mom's out of town. So it was either bring her or cancel the plans. I promise she won't be that much trouble -" Zach started to ramble.

"Is she yours?" Well with all the teenage pregnancies anything was possible...

"You don't think much of me do you? Lily May here is my little sister." Zach says sitting down with Lily May on his lap.

"Sorry, I jumped to conclusions. Well I wasn't expecting you to come here and bring a baby with you..." I shook my head from side to side.

"Not many people know about her, our family is pretty quiet when it comes to relatives and such..." He says crooning over his sister.

"Ah" my phone starts to ring "One sec" I pick up the phone "Hello?"

"Hey it's Tyler. I can't come over tonight, I'm at a swimming competition and I totally forgot about it, sorry!"

"Oh it's fine; we can arrange other plans later. Good luck in the competition." I say

"Yeah, thanks bye!" He calls hanging up on me. I hang up the phone and walk back over to the siblings.

"Tyler's not coming tonight; he's got a swimming competition. So I guess it's just us"

"Oh okay..." Zach says smirking slightly

"Zachy..." Aw the cutest voice ever called!

"Yeah what's up sweetie?" Zach looks down upon his little sister. So adorable!

"I'm hungry..." She says jutting her bottom lip.

"Oh, okay, I'll get your bag, which is in my car..." He looks up to me with pleading eyes.

"What you want me to get it?" I ask puzzled.

"No, but can you look after her because I parked about a block away. I won't be long five minutes maximum, please?" He begs

"Okay?" I say an eyebrow rising.

"Thank you!" he says passing Lily May to me and rushing out the door.

"So sweetheart how old are you?" I ask making my voice as calming as I could.

"Twee" She says holding out three of her fingers

"So you want to play for a little while?" I ask still using the awkward calming voice.

She nods her head making her brown curls bounce. "Sweetie what do you want to do?" I ask

"Dress up, pwease?" She asks her green eyes glistening

"Sure, come on!" I say carrying her to my room. I bring out some old Halloween costumes I had in the back of my closet.

I gave her a pink tutu and the fairy wand that came with it. She was laughing with glee as I put some glitter on her face. She was twirling around the room acting like a real fairy.

"I'm back!" Zachary calls out

"Up here!"

In a few seconds he arrives with a smile on his face. "What's going on in here then?" he asks arms crossed and leaning on my doorway.