A New Start, My Derrière (31)

Chapter Thirty One 

--------------------------

I grabbed my bag and my lunch, which was the same as yesterday and the day before. I start eating when Aidan and the guys arrive and sit on the same table as me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see who it was a smile appearing on my face before I knew it. "Is this seat taken?" He asks

"It is now" I say smiling. He sits down next to me and there's a light thud coming from my other side - Tyler.

"Hey Vanessa..." Tyler says with a smile still on his face...

"Urmm... Hey Tyler"

"How's your day been?" He asks me

"It got a lot better." I say smiling and I sensed that Zach was smiling with me.

"Oh really?" Tyler asks

"Yeah... anyhow how was your day?" I ask politely

"It's alright... I guess."

"Zach how was yours?"

"Getting better" He says smirking.

We ate in silence, the conversations died down and after a while people gave up all together. I see Alice exiting the cafeteria. I needed to talk to Alice, but I haven't had the chance.

"Excuse me" I say picking up my tray and put the leftovers in the trash and the tray on the side. I pick up me bag and chase after Alice.

"ALICE!" I call out in the middle of the hallway, receiving a few stares as I pass.

She stops and turns to me with a simple non Alice smile. "Hey Vanessa!"

"We need to talk!" I say slightly breathless - God I need to work out.

"Oh okay... what about?" She asks

"Aidan, me and guys..."

"Why with me though?" She asks

"You're my best friend here silly!" I say standing up straight ruffling her hair.

"Oh okay, so are we going to talk now?"

"Nope, you're coming to mine tonight, sleepover. We need to talk."

"Oh okay, give me an hour or so to get my things together."

"Will do, this'll make up for yesterday!" I say smiling

"What happened yesterday?" She asks puzzled

"I'll tell you tonight, people are eavesdropping..." I say and look to my left where a girl; a freshman with thick rimmed glasses holding a folder leaning against a locker not doing anything.

She caught my gaze and mumbled a "Sorry" as she ran off in the other direction.

Alice and I just burst out laughing in the middle of the hallway receiving more stares and glares off people passing by. "I missed this..." Alice mumbles

"Me too" I say back

*Bell Rings*

"Well we better get to classes" I say

"Yeah see you later!" She calls out as she walks in the opposite direction.

I nod and walk to chemistry. Zach wasn't there yet so I sat down and looked out the window. It's not raining... I look out towards the parking lot and see my car sticking out like a sore thumb. No wonder I've been getting stares...

"A penny for your thoughts..." A voice asked sitting next to me.

"I don't need any more change, thanks." I say still staring through the window.