A New Start, My Derrière (14)

Chapter Fourteen 

-------------------------

Here standing at the front door was a gorgeous 6ft 2guy, with dirty blonde hair, a rugged smile and perfect green eyes...

Drake Collins my ex boyfriend, the one whom I'd split up with to move here. The love of my life...

"Oh my! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I was coming close to screaming.

"Visiting..."

"Well come in already!" I grabbed him by the shoulders and hug him tightly

"Hey steady there Van, I just got off a long plane ride. I need time before you can attack me like that."

"Sorry I was caught off guard that's all..." I say biting my bottom lip

"It's fine Princess." He says tilting my chin to look him in the eyes.

"I missed you..."

"I missed you too." He says tilting my chin higher and lowering his so our lips found one another's.

"How long are you here for?" I ask pulling away

"Two weeks, I'm staying at a friends, you know Zachary Taylor right?"

"Yeah I know him..."

"Hey, it's going to be okay, maybe this time we could make the long distance thing work."

"Urm..." I say looking down again.

"Vanessa Marie Heart, everything's going to be okay. I promise" He says bending down a bit to reach my level.

"Promise?" I ask

"Promise" He says planting a kiss on my lips again "Now tell me about everything I've missed"

So we end up talking for the best part of the day. I missed this, talking in person, I missed the smell of his aftershave and I missed the smile he gave when he talked to me.

He looks at his watch which read 5pm and jutted out his bottom lip, I know that face. "You have to go..."

"I'm sorry I'll meet up with you tomorrow? It's a Saturday so how about we have a date?"

"Sounds good" I say hugging him goodbye

A smile spreads on his face "Come on Vanessa you can do better than that."

"Bye" kissing him gently on the lips

"Bye babe, missing you already" He says kissing my forehead.

"Cheesy"

"But you love me for it"

"I sure do. Now go before Aidan gets back."

"Love you" He says getting up off the couch.

"Love you too"

He winks and blows me a kiss before leaving my front door.

Something tells me something bad is going to happen...

Aidan comes back home ten minutes later looking a mess after football practice, covered in mud and sweat...

"Hey sis" He calls to me heading for the kitchen

"Hey" I say rolling me eyes

"How's you're day been?" He asks downing a litre bottle of water

I smile "Eventful..."

"Elaborate on that please sis" He asks raising an eyebrow at me

"I'll pass thanks anyway how was school?" I ask dodging the fact Aidan didn't know about Drake and I.

"Fine, Alice and I are going on a date tomorrow so I won't be around."

"Ooh you're first date! Good luck, I hope you get laid." Sarcasm was becoming my new best friend.

"I know you're being sarcastic, but thanks anyway... what are you doing tomorrow?" At least he noticed...

"I'm going out..."

"With who..." He asks if his eyebrow could be raised any higher it did...

"A friend now before you get all older brother on me. I'll be fine." I say rolling my eyes

"Ok..."

"So things with Alice are..."

"Great." He says smiling

"So I don't have anything to worry about between you both?"

"Nope, everything's perfect."

"Break her heart and I'll break your face dear brother" I smirked

----------------------------------------

I was awake all night texting him and I could keep the smile off my face. He was picking me up at 7:30; taking me somewhere and we could spend the evening together.

I check my phone and find a new message

"Hey babe, missing you already can't wait for tonight. Love you more than you know and more than I can describe. Love you for as long as you want me to"

Drake Xox"

I smile and text him back.

"Hey you. I'm missing you like crazy, and same, tonight's going to be like the ones back home.I will love you as long as I can.  

Nessa Xox"

What a great way to start the day!

After that, I go on my laptop and check my emails.

*Bing**Bing**Bing*

"*You received a message whilst you were offline at: 2:09am today*

A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

First Step: I'm sorry."

Okay, okay I know I should be the one apologizing,but I don't what to start the argument again not now, not when I'm slightly happy.

I go downstairs and check the post.

Flicking through it all I find bills, bills, bills ooh a card! Addressed to me, I open it and find yet another belated birthday card.

I read it "Happy 17th" blah, blah, blah... Yet at the end name pulled my stomach a little,

"From Zachary Taylor. Second Step: Look at the cheque."

Whether or not this was a joke I checked anyway. Inside the card was something. A Cheque... made out to me for $1064...

Signature: Zachary Taylor Printed Name: Zachary Taylor

Let's rewind a few weeks...

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Got a few tips which will bring me closer to buying whatever I planned to buy."

"A new message from: Van Heart: 

How much did you make?"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

$1064"

What a crappy way to start the day. With that news what the hell am I supposed to do?

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)