A New Start, My Derrière (18)

Chapter Eighteen 

---------------------------

I collected the roses and put them in the trash, crushing them slightly. Time to sulk about my damned love life; entering the living room and slumping on the couch.

"Hey sis, what's up?" Aidan asks me casually

"Nothing..." I say bringing my knees to my chest.

"There obviously is..." He mumbles to himself whilst my dad smothers a laugh.

"How was your date last night?" I ask a smirk appearing on my lips

Aidan just rolls his eyes "Great thanks, we did it in the restaurant bathroom" He says winking at me.

"EWWW too much information! No one needed to know that!" I say throwing a cushion at him.

"Aidan James Heart! Watch your language in this household!" My dad says unconvincingly.

My Sunday just gets annoying. I told my father that 'somehow' my phone 'accidently' broke (after me repeatedly throwing it on the floor, stomping all over it and dropping in it the bath.)

He grumbled as he left the house to buy me the new phone. "THIS IS COMING OUT OF YOUR ALLOWANCE!"

I was going to go read some books and try to take my mind off of my horrid love life, or what's left of it.

That was until the doorbell rang. I sluggishly walk to the door. Open it to see who would annoy me at this hour...

"Oh for God's sake" I say without any enthusiasm and let the door close again. Only to have a hand stop it.

"Wait!" Drake cries out...

"What do you want?" I ask though there wasn't any point, I knew what he wanted to 'talk'

"To talk" Hey aren't I smart?

"I think we've talked enough don't you?" I really wasn't in the mood for this.

"No I don't, come on..." He says grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the living room.

"Well I do" I say pulling my arm back from him "You think I'm the one changing in all of this, you're only here for the rest of the week and next. What's the point in trying to fix something that's been broken for a very long time?" I say grudgingly...

"There's a hell of a point in all of this? I love you and I know you love me too. There's no point in denying that because we both know it!" He starts to raise his voice.

"Love has got nothing to do with this. You and I both know it wasn't working from the moment I left, you never called or even emailed me like you said you would!" I say poking his chest with my forefinger.

"I was giving you the space you needed!" He says gripping my arms and starting to shake me.

"For two months? Yeah I needed space but for two bloody months! You never even texted me..." I say spitting in his face

"You weren't any better than me! You never called, texted or emailed did you? No, so stop blaming me for all of this!" He says shaking me harder, hands dripping tighter on my arms... 

"Drake you're hurting me!"

"No I'm not! You've been hurting me for the last two months! I thought you wanted me back. What the hell happened to us?"

"We just weren't right for each other you know? It happens, it wasn't meant to last." I say trying to get out of his hold on me.  

"So we just wasted two years for nothing?" He says looking into my eyes.

"We got an experience we can't get back, Drake. I know you're hurting, but please, please try and move on."

He looks down ashamed of himself. "I have to go, I can't stay and look at you, and it'll just make things worse."

He lets go of my arms and walks out the door.

Aidan's head pops around the archway "You okay sis?"

I shake my head and tears start to fall. Aidan rushes over and pulls me in his arms, letting me cry on his shoulder. Making those little shushing noises and saying the cheesy lines "It's going to be okay" and "You can do better than him" blah, blah, blah...

That's when my dad arrives back home. He goes on the other side of me and does the same as Aidan; all the shushing and repeating the comforting words.  

Why should I be crying over him? It's not like we were the same people as we once were.

That was then and this is now; time to move on and keep my head held high. Nothing that simple can bring me down. Well this was what I should have done...

Instead I got ice cream from the freezer and ate my heart out, giving me too many brain freezes in the process... 

All I knew was that I didn't want him back, I knew that breaking up face to face was going to be difficult, but this was ridiculous on how much so. I didn't want to talk to anyone and worst of all I had school tomorrow.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)