A New Start, My Derrière (45)

Chapter Forty Five

------------------------

A knock on the window made us both jump. With smirking jocks standing outside the car laughing and chanting “Get in there Taylor!”

I pull away and my cheeks a flame “That’s my queue to go” I said reaching for the handle

“Wait” Zach said reaching for my arm

“Hmm?” I turned around looking at Zach

He reaches over and gently kisses me on my lips. “See you later” He smirked. I reached for the handle and left his car. Not soon after Aidan was looking down at me with the ‘don’t mess with me’ face.

“Aidan” I said clutching my bag closer to me

“Vanessa, what was that?” He said pointing his head in the direction of Zach’s Mustang speeding away.

“None of your business” I said walking towards his car

“Well it doesn’t look like nothing...” He mumbled to himself.

The car ride was intense, very intense. Nothing happened - just pure silence.

I got out the car and walked slowly to the front door. I see Aidan smirking “Dad?”

“Yeah?"

“Dad, you owe me a hundred dollars” He says holding out his hand

“Wait why?” Dad asks wiping his hands on a dish cloth.

Aidan points at me “No! She didn’t!” My father says shaking his head

“She did, now the money” I'm still confused here...

“Damn I was counting on that Tyler boy” My dad said pulling out his wallet from his back pocket

“So you two were betting on who I was going to pick?”

“Well yeah...” Aidan said scratching the back of his head avoiding eye contact

“I can’t believe you two!” I yelled temper arising “You bet on which guy I would pick?”

“B-But you were keeping everyone on their toes.” My dad stuttered

“So you bet a hundred dollars of the guy I might actually fall in love with?” I said shaking my head, I can’t believe money was involved “AND you my dear father told us never to gamble”

“But I thought it’ll be a good investment on Tyler” He says

“Well maybe not” I said stuffing my hands in my pockets

“I told you Zach was the one you should be calling ‘son’” Aidan said smug

“We’ll just wait and see, he’s picking me up soon and I need to get changed. I’ll talk to you later” I said walking away to my room deciding what to wear.

I looked down to see I was still wearing his hoodie, I took a good smell and it smelt just as good as before. I pulled it over my head and knew he was never going to get this hoodie back.  

I found an off the shoulder sweater and a pair of ripped blue jeans. I changed clothes and reapplied my make up. I stuffed my jacket and my bikini in my bag, slinging it off my shoulder. A honk of a car made me look out of the window a smile creeping on to my lips. I slipped on my gladiator sandals and picked up my phone and keys.

“Bye” I called behind me escaping before I heard a reply. I opened Zach’s car door and smiled noticing a small blonde girl in the back of the car.