A New Start, My Derrière (29)

Chapter Twenty Nine 

-----------------------------

Oh Crap.

He saw me kiss Tyler - again. Can't I catch a break? Really, just once!

I guess not my karma's just not on my side. All the bad 'coincidences' all happen around Zach and Tyler.

Why don't I just use my mother's advice of "Do you think you would have a future together?" My answer was wrong with Drake and I don't want to make the same mistake as I did before.

I shake my head and drive back home. I get home and Aidan's in the kitchen devouring what's left of the chocolate cake. He smiles at me with a smear of chocolate around his mouth. "Hey Vanessa" He says stuffing his face.

"How's that cake treating you?" I ask smiling though my head is filling with questions after questions. 'Will I choose correctly?' or 'Who do I like better?' and 'Who will make me happy in thirty years?' If our 'relationship' even lasts that long...

"Good!" He says licking the plate clean...

"You can have that plate..." I say sitting down next to him

"Thanks!"

"You know that was sarcasm right?" I ask

"Yup, are you planning on making another cake soon?" Aidan asks

"Maybe next week if you're lucky" I smirk

"Yay!" Aidan squeals

"Are you sure you're the older twin?" I ask just to have Aidan roll his eyes at me. "Anyhow I'm going to get ready for bed" I say kissing the none chocolate covered part of his forehead.

"Night V!" He calls after me as I go upstairs. I knock on my father's room to find him sleeping soundly. I quietly laugh at his sleeping face, so peaceful - his mouth slack and drooping with his face looking as if he was frowning. I kiss him on the forehead and whisper "Night dad." Making sure I didn't wake him, walking back out of his room as quietly as I came in.

I go for my nightly shower and change into some short shorts and a tank top. I climb into bed hoping for some answers and not nightmares. I need to find out what I need to do and how I'm going to choose between the two guys I like.

Where's a magic eight ball when you need one? I'm even up for having a fortune cookie to tell me what I should do.

I wake up not the slightest bit amused. The night before I wanted to get answers to my problems yeah? Guess what I got instead? Unicorns... 

How on earth are unicorns going to help me? Are they going to fly me to my fairytale prince? To a magical place where fairies and little flying kids live? Nope that's Peter Pan.

I get out of bed ready for another day of school. I go to the bathroom and seeing that I'm well... (Fill in feminine details) Great just blooming great...  

I get ready and cook my breakfast. My father left a note saying he already left for work some sort of emergency. Aidan drags himself in the kitchen and eats my breakfast; well I'm not in the mood to have a sibling fight today so I'll leave it. I get my school things and set off to school. The one place I get to see both of the people I'm dreading at the same time for most of the day.

I park my car and I hadn't even realized that it had been raining. I guess the weather is a sign of my misery. Thank my timetable I don't have Art today. Chemistry, on the other hand, I do have meaning that Zachary and I, will have to have the awkward conversation of what he saw last night...

I grudgingly get out of my car and walk slowly as possible to school. I go to my locker and put my coat inside, now drenched, and go to homeroom.  

I sit in my usual seat and pull out my phone which has no texts or calls - Wow. I feel popular!

Aidan sits next to me. Dragging in his hand through his hair which was getting longer than usual... "You need a hair cut Aid..." I say to him.

"So do you..." He mumbles

"I like my hair long..."

"Yeah... well so do I!" He replies smirking

"Sure you do..." I reach for my purse in my bag and hand him a twenty dollar bill "Here buy yourself a haircut"

"Thanks mom..." He says taking the money off me.

"Mom..." I haven't spoken about mom to other people and I haven't cried in a long time. Is this the feeling of moving on? I really hope I don't forget all the details like I thought I would... her smell, her eye colour or how her hair fell perfectly down her back... I couldn't forget my own mother could I?

"Vanessa?" Aidan yells slightly to catch my attention - waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Sorry - spacing out again..." I say wiping my cheeks quickly rubbing away tears I didn't know I had released.

"Thinking about her?" Aidan asks sincerely

I nod my reply hoping I didn't cry again. Aidan pulls me in for a hug.

"It's going to be okay sis" He says

"Yeah I know..." I say as he lets go of me

"What do we have here? Aidan Heart showing sympathy for his little sister..." Zachary says sitting down in front of me.

"Zachary Taylor shut up!" Aidan says to him in a tone no one can take seriously. So we all burst out laughing. However, we quickly shut up as we see the teacher entering the classroom. I bite my top lip so no sound will come out.

Tyler walks into the classroom next and he has a grin, well more of a smirk than a grin, and is looking straight at me. Yeah I wasn't prepared for this...  

How about I give them both the cold shoulder? That will work, well not if Aidan's there he'll know something's up. And they're both coming to my house on Friday; yeah my plan sucks and I thought of it three seconds ago.

I pick up my bag and rummage through it trying to sparks ideas. Oooh gum! How about I throw gum at them?

My inner voice pitches in "You're losing it Vanessa. Throwing gum at them... Seriously? That's the best you could come up with?" My inner voice is right, I just have to suck it up and deal with the situation I created "That's not what I said..." "I DON'T CARE!" I yell inside my own head. Technically I'm talking to myself...

Anyone got the number for a mental hospital?

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)