A New Start, My Derrière (10)

Chapter Ten 

------------------------

I walked back into the house, holding the remainders of the rose. In the search to find real Prince, who was supposed to meet me three minutes ago.

Only instead, I find Aidan throwing punches at Sam. I tried to pull Aidan away, but after what Sam had done to him. I knew my brother would be embarrassed and hurt that his friend would do that to him, so I let the fight run its course.

Aidan stormed off to his room, whilst Sam was left clutching his jaw. A blonde girl, my guess was Ashley, was running after my brother with her make up ruined as well as her reputation.

I walk to my room to find Alice sitting on my bed crying. I put an arm over her shoulders and tried to calm her down. "Alice what's up?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep the secret any longer, I sent that photo to Aid because that Ashley girl was all over Sam tonight." She started shaking her head from side to side.

I hugged her tightly and held her at arms length. "It's going to be okay Alice. I just know it." She nods slowly looking down again.

That was when I noticed a tall figure leaning on my doorway. I stared in shocked to see Aidan looking our way with anger in his eyes and yet sympathy? I let Alice sleep over the night. She was too hysterical to drive herself home...

It was about 3 in the morning, everyone had gone home and I couldn't sleep. I was led there more awake than I was last night, but not for the same reason. Well it was because of the same person, just that I wasn't feeling guilty yesterday. I went on my laptop and the screen light dimly in the room from darkness. The person I wanted to talk to was thankfully online.

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

Hey"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Hi"

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

So how was your night?"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

It could have been better."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

About midnight..."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

It's nothing."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

It is, what you saw - definitely wasn't me who started it."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

I know you too well to judge you on what you did tonight."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

I'm sorry."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome: 

No need to apologise. I'm fine. Yeah?"

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

You obviously aren't since you haven't made any enthusiastic or smart ass comments in the last five minutes."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Fair enough."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

See! My point's been made!"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

I'm sorry"

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

Why on earth are you apologizing for? I was the one who made this mess."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

It was my fault in the beginning for not telling you who I really am."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

It was about the romantic surprise and I have a very good idea on who you are."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Let's keep that under wraps for a while longer.

*Goes offline*"

I stare at my laptop blankly he disappeared in a blink on an eye; I turn around and see Alice leaning over my shoulder rubbing her eyes yawning. "What's up?" she asked still yawning.

"Urmm... nothing. I'm going to go sleep." I say closing my laptop flat.

"Sure there's nothing wrong? I'm up now you can talk to me." A tear rolls down my cheek explaining that there was something wrong...

"Oh my Vanessa what's wrong!" She almost screamed whilst whispering if that's possible...

"I...I... just...made things worse." I said lying on my bed. Alice hugged me awkwardly and gave me encouraging words.

"I'm sorry; it will get better in time."

I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep that night.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)