A New Start, My Derrière (16)

Chapter Sixteen  

-----------------------

I pull away and look down at my feet. "Sorry" I hear Drake utter.

"Yeah you will be..."

"Aidan..." I plead, he knew I hated the over protective brotherly act.

"We need to talk" Aidan demands, pushing past me opening the front door.

"Drake I'll talk to you later." I say going inside. I hear his footsteps leave the path, a door opening and closing and a car engine start. Aidan was already in the living room, pacing up and down with his arms crossed over the other. His serious face appeared and his eyes were fuming and all he says was one word. "Explain"

I sit on the couch taking deep breaths; "About what exactly?" I ask he needed to be more specific...

"Who was that tall blonde dude, you were making out with on the front porch?"

"Drake"

"Drake who?"

"Drake Collins"

"Who is he?"

"A friend, my boyfriend - ex boyfriend..."

"What is he? Current or Ex boyfriend or is it like a friends with benefits thing?" Aidan sat next to me on the couch arms still crossed over his chest.

"I don't know... We went out before I came here, at the time I thought it was love, but I don't know anymore...He says he loves me and I feel something for him, but it's not the same as it was before. He came round yesterday and maybe I was just happy to see him."

"Oh..." Probably not the answer he was looking for. "What about Prince Awesome then?"

"I don't know about that either..." I say getting up off the couch and going to my room, hoping to look for the well needed answers I was searching for.  I check my phone to see I had six unread messages.

1) "Hey, hope I didn't get you into any trouble x Drake"

2) "Hope you're okay xx Drake"

3) "Goodnight babe, missing you already xox Drake"

4) "Oh and I love you xxx Drake"

5) "We need to talk, I'm sorry - Tyler"

6) "I see your 'boyfriend' is getting over possessive; mail me if you need to talk - Z."

How the hell did Zach and Tyler get my number and what the hell is my love life turning into?

A love triangle -no,

A love square - Sounds about right...

I text Drake back first

"Hey, I'm fine - no trouble made.  

Thanks for thinking of me.  

See you soon V"

I go online and set my mind straight.

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

Hey, about that cheque. I can't accept it - so tomorrow if you come around to my house or vice versa you can get it back.  

I can't accept it in any shape or form."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome: 

I see, but I can't go to yours tomorrow; It's yours; I gave it to you so it's yours. Keep it please?"

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

I can't it's too much."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

If you believe it's too much then it is, but I just wanted you to know I care and who I am. This game isn't something I'd like to play anymore."

"A new message from: Van Heart:  

I agree though, your timing wasn't the best and I need time to think about things thoroughly before I choose if any of you.

*Goes Offline*"

I put the cheque in my school bag so I won't forget it for Monday. I check my phone and receive a new message from Tyler:

"You're right, I need to tell you something and it seems pretty important. I think... well know that I am starting to like you. You probably don't feel the same way, but I thought you should know. If you go don't want to go out with me just say so, it won't hurt as much if you tell me now. I know I was wrong planting that kiss on you like that last week. I just thought you felt the same. - Ty"

I slap my forehead in my stupidity. Three guys, all wanting me. Every other girl would be dying right now, hyperventilating - maybe. Not me, I just wanted to be normal here.

Not have three guys chasing after me like stray dogs. I got to set this straight once and for all.

I grab my phone and start dialling.

"Hey Drake speaking"

"Hey it's me..."  

"Oh hey babe, what's up?"

"We need to talk."

"Oh... I know where this is going..." His voice dropping...

"I just can't do it anymore..." My voice was barely a whisper

"It's been two days, what can't you do?"

"Lie to myself, I was happy to see you yesterday, but it's just not me anymore, being all loved up as soon as you see a guy and believing everything's going to be okay..." Tears in my eyes began to fall - again.

"So what does this mean for us?"

"It's over for good this time, I moved on when I left home and you should have too."

"Too bad; I've had girls were throwing themselves at me when you left. You changed, you were once a beautifully sweet girl who cared about everyone's feelings" -scoff- "you're out here for two bloody months and you've changed completely." Jerk...

"I'm sorry you think that, but life's different here you need to change to fit in. And if you don't, life's hell. By the sounds of it I'm not the only one who's changed..."

"Who's the guy?" He says in a tone I've never heard him use.

"What guy?"

"There has to be a guy someone else, someone you've been with since you left, who is he?" His voice getting louder...

"There's not another guy! I just can't stand being in a long bloody distance relationship and for your information we broke up. You have no right to give any opinion on who I date. Get over yourself, I know I did!" I yell down the phone ending the call.

One down...

Another one to go. I start dialling again, hoping he wouldn't pick up.

"You've reached Tyler's Phone, sorry I can't be there to answer the phone. You know what to do. *BEEP*"

"Hey Tyler it's Vanessa, I got your text, I'm sorry about how you feel. I'm just not ready for a relationship or whatever, so sorry. I just need time to myself for a while. Yet again I'm sorry.

Now, for the hardest one of all.Well technically I have already told him... Yet why am I going online again? It seems like I'm not in control of my body. My head's screaming no, but my body is thinking yes...

*Bing**Bing**Bing*

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

A little birdie told me you broke up for your boyfriend..."

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)