A New Start, My Derrière (12)

Chapter Twelve 

-----------------------

*Next Day*

I roll on my bed for the millionth time today; I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I stumbled out of bed giving up trying to get to sleep. Though there wasn't any point trying to get to sleep, I was about to wake up in five minutes anyway.

I look in my bathroom mirror and see someone I haven't seen in a very long time. A pale ghostly complexion and dark circles around my eyes. Suddenly a rush goes through me and I am running for the toilet.

Here comes the ghastly and horrendous vomiting. I sit there on my knees on the cold tiled floor. Hands gripping the toilet tightly and a warm hand rubbing gentle circles on my back, the strong smell of aftershave is given off from the person behind me, my father.

"Shhh, sweetheart, it's going to be ok." He says soothingly, still rubbing my back

I stop puking my guts out and lay on the cold tiled floor. Then I realise my body being lifted from the floor onto a comfy soft bed.

"Sweetheart you okay?" I guess the bathroom scene wasn't enough for him to answer the question - I shake my head.

"Not really" I say in barely a whisper.

He puts his hand on my head "Nope definitely not okay, sweetie you're burning up. You aren't going to school for a little while. Rest up okay? I need to tell your brother." He says leaving me in my room

I don't know how long it was, but I found myself groggy from sleep deprivation, I roll to my left and find a face a few inches away from mine, rubbing my hair.

"Hey sis, you okay?" I just shake my head no and close my eyes. I didn't have the strength to keep the open.

"Who's Prince Awesome?" he asks out of the blue

I snap my eyes open "How did you- Alice." I say rolling my eyes

"Yeah... I asked her what was going on with you lately. You seem depressed all of a sudden."

"It's nothing."

"Course it'snot nothing, you're stressed and depressed since our party. What happened?"

I told the story and he seemed to understand. Until I got to the part where Tyler kissed me... He suddenly leapt off my bed and went to my laptop "What are you doing?" I ask, but it was too late Aidan was furious and typing like a maniac.

"AIDAN!" I yell, but it came out as a pathetic attempt at whimpering rather than yelling.

I grab my covers and pull them along with me. My mouth forming an 'O' shape

"A new message from: Aiden#15:

I have a bone to pick with you, how you dare treat my sister like that! You can do a lot worse than my sister! She said she was sorry and be a man and tell her who the hell you are already. Cut the romantic crap.

You know today she was making herself sick because of you, she probably won't be in for a few days either. The next time you see her I hope you feel a hell of a lot of guilt. She looks like death at the moment and it's entirely your fault.

You treat her like shit again you've got me to talk to and I don't care if you're a friend of mine, you treat Vanessa the wrong way - you're dead.  

Got it?

Aidan"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Yeah I got it; I have never purposely hurt your sister, I'm not even angry with her. It's just I can't explain how I feel about her and the situation I'm in at the moment, my life is a challenge and your sister is apart of it. Once I figure out the first step it will lead me to the finish. I just need to work out what I want and how I going to get it.

Right now I need to find the first step."

"A new message from: Aiden#15:  

I get you., but please don't hurt my sister anymore - I can't see her upset."

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Yeah I got it. Thanks for the warning and tell your sister that I hope she gets better soon."

"A new message from: Aiden#15:  

Will do"

"A new message from: Prince Awesome:  

Thanks and tell her I'm sorry."

"A new message from: Aiden#15:  

Sure thing

*Goes Offline*"

I slap Aidan's arm. "OW WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" he yells at me.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK? YOU JUST TOLD HIM THAT HE'S THE REASON FOR ME BEING ILL!" I yell back at him. Though I now regret it, as my throat feels like it's on fire.

"I'm sorry, but it got the point across, you like him so much that when he's an absolute idiot you fall for him like magnets, he moves one way and so do you."

I slumped back on my bed and my covers fell to the floor. He's right, why did I care anyway? I've known him for like three weeks. I've never even met Prince Awesome. Well I know I have...

I know you're probably wondering who it is, but I'm sure you already know. I'm not that good at disguising who I like. Never mind secrets.

I end up starving and craving for food; I haven't eaten all day. t was already past five in the evening...

"Aidan..." I ask

"Yeah..." He turns round and looks at me

"Can you please get me something to eat?" I plead

"Sure, be right back little sister!" He says rubbing my hair.

"Only by seven minutes!"

"I'm still older!" he says chuckling down the stairs.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)