A New Start, My Derrière (20)

Chapter Twenty  

---------------------

To be honest I already knew the answer before I even asked the question so I guess you could call it rhetorical...

So my lesson began and I sat in my usual seat at the back; to be followed by Zachary and Tyler sitting on either side of me. As the seats beside me were taken, Aidan sat in the one in front of me. Great I'm sat in the triangle of annoyance.

I got out my drawing pad; it was art class after all. I began drawing randomly whilst listening to the teacher. "Well we have been asked by the principal to create a group presentation on a type of art or an artist. This will thirty five percent of your final grade; so there will be no excuse in not taking part." The teacher explained.

Groans filled the room, as well as heads falling back in the lack of interest. "Groups have been set on the board; you will be in groups of three to four."

I get my reading glasses from my bag and look at the board. Crap. This teacher just 'loves' me....

Group three consists of: Vanessa Heart, Zachary Taylor and Tyler Gray.

Zachary raises his hand in the air. Since when was he wearing a tight grey sweater? Which shows of his grey physique nicely; I bite my bottom lip regretting I ever thought that.

"Yes Mister Taylor?" The teacher asks

"When you say we have to create a presentation of some sort does that include self portraits?"

Huh? I was thinking the exact same thing...

"Good question and the answer to that is yes, you can draw self portraits and portraits if you'd like, though you'd have to find a way of presenting it in front the rest of class." More students raised their hand to ask questions.

God I will need something strong to help me through this art project...

"Right get into your groups and discuss you ideas; paper and pens are at the back so help yourselves."

Since my 'group' is already together there wasn't any point in moving...

"Self portraits?" I ask Zachary

"Yeah, I thought that we could draw ourselves like how we see ourselves. Then how other people see us and then say something on the lines of 'you know who you are it doesn't matter what others think' get me?"

That was actually a good idea...

"Sure, I'm fine with that..." I say nodding. I turn to look at Tyler who still needed to talk to me...

"Yeah whatever, it's cool." Tyler says smug.

"So how about we get together and start; what day is good for us all?" Zach asks surprisingly taking this subject seriously...

"How about tonight at my place? " I suggest

"That's fine with me." Tyler says

"Same what time?" Zach asks

"Urmm give me an hour after school, any time after is fine." I say

"Yeah, sorry to be a weak link, but I can't draw to save my life..." Tyler says scratching his head.

I laugh and so does Zach "You can draw a sick man or something?" Zach suggests

"Zach you draw?" Tyler asks

"A bit, but I paint mostly. Can we not show each other our final pieces until the day of the presentation?" Zach suggests

"Sure that's fine with me, so long as you don't laugh on the day..." I say looking down.

"You have nothing to worry about you haven't yet seen my drawing skills..." Tyler says  trying to make me feel better.

The bell rings and I set off to class after class. Alice sits at Aidan's table now; she drags me along for moral support. Though it's just plain awkward that they're all lovey dovey and I'm just sat here, having Tyler's gaze constantly in my direction...

Which brings me to a question... Where's Zachary?

I've never seen him hang around with Aidan and the 'guys.' Don't say he's one of those guys who gets a random girl and does 'things' in an empty classroom. What if he's with someone I know?  What if it's a plasticated bimbo? What if they get it on in my seat?

Maybe I'm over reacting. Well I hope I am...

I hadn't realised that I was day dreaming. Until a not so gentle shake of my elbow from Aidan gets my attention. He was telling me to get the class since everyone was disappearing out of the cafeteria to classes of their own. I mumble an apology to Aidan, whilst he chuckles and shakes his head from side to side...

Classes pass as a blur, I can't remember how I got in my car and that I'm driving home. Oh well, I better start cleaning a three storey house 'sigh' this is the reason why we need a maid. With Aidan was at practice and dad at work I was left on my own to clean their mess.

I cleaned every dirty plate in the sink, clearered the fridge from expired products and I even managed to vacuum the entire house in the space of an hour. I had a few minutes spare to change out of the bleach covered clothes I had on, before the doorbell rang.

 The sound of hell coming into the house.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)