A New Start, My Derrière (13)

Chapter Thirteen 

-----------------------------

-Two Days Later-

I turn over and face my alarm clock which read '5:53am' in bright green neon numbers. I grab my pillow and putting it over my face. Another day gone and a new one was beginning...

My father said I should take the rest of the week off since I'm not 100%. My appeitite was pretty much none existant, I've been running a fever and I permanently look like I've seen a ghost.

I swing my arm across my bed and get ready to press my alarm off before the annoying beeping begins. Aidan runs past my room, tugging on his shirt and tying his shoes at the same time. In an attempt to get ready as soon as possible, obviously wanting to see a certain friend of mine...

I haven't been doing anything remotely productive the last few days, not been in contact with anyone other than those who lived in this house and Alice, but she stayed here often enough...

I hadn't even contacted my friend's back in New York, great friend I am right? Forgetting friends and even ex boyfriends too...

I picked up my phone and looked at the time again. Its 6:00 am and + 3 hours (time difference) = 9:00am. They should be up by then right?

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

*Ring*

"Hello?" I smile lightens up on my face.

"Hey Jodie" I already knew that she knew who was speaking.

"AHHH, OH MY GOD" She screams down the line.

"Hello to you too, how's life in the big apple since I left?" I ask picking my self up to sitting position.

"Crap. Sarah and I are still upset you left. There's a present in the post for you, happy belated birthday!"

"What, oh my god I thought you would have forgotten by now..." I say mumbling mostly to myself.

"Are you kidding me? how could we have forgotten? There's a present from Drake in there as well, he misses you..." Jodie says almost sympathetic at the last part.

"Oh..." What can I say to that?

"Don't be too harsh on him; he's still pretty messed up after your relationship."

"That's..." My face drops

"You want to talk to Sarah?" She asks changing the topic.

"Sure!"

"Hey! Where the hell have you been in the last month?" She demands

"You told me to ring you when I have the time. I have time now." I say defensively

"Sure, sure, how's L.A?"

"Fine, miss you though"

"Vice Versa" She says sounding depressed.

"What's up?"

"Nothing..." I sense she's biting her bottom lip at this moment in time

"There obviously is. Who's the guy?"

"Dylan asked me out."

"That's good isn't it?" I ask with a smile on my face

"Yeah..."

"Then what's the problem?" If I was in New York I would already know what was happening and why Sarah was contemplating dating Dylan

"It's just that, he's your ex."

"We went out when we were both 14" I laughed

"I know, but..."

"Date the guy! If I know him, which I do, he'll be racking his brain on why you haven't answered him"

"I guess, are you sure about this?"

"Positive. Anyway put the phone on speakerphone so I can say goodbye to both of you."

"Ok, done"

"Right guys, I'll call soon as I can. Live long and prosper. I love you both!"

"BYE!" They both scream at the same time. "LOVE YOU TOO!" I end the call staring at the ceiling...

So Drake misses me, I thought breaking up with him after my mom died was the best option. I didn't want him to see me as an emotional mess and it wasn't fair to string him along when it was going to end sooner of later.

I go downstairs check the post, there sat on the living room table was a large parcel addressed to me, I pick up the letter opener and slice away the tape finding two presents inside... Both wrapped in my favourite colours.

I picked up the one which Jodie and Sarah had given, opening the wrapping paper as carefully as I could. A smile instantly spread across my face, inside was a pair of black Jimmy Choo stilettos. In the perfect size, colour and style -The May sister's know me rather well...

I take a deep breath and open Drake's present. I slowly peeled off the wrapping paper and see a plain white album; a photo album to be precise. I open the first page and see his hand written message.

"Dear Vanessa, 

I hope you have a brilliant birthday and many more to come in the future! I miss you every minute of everyday.

See you soon, I Love You - Drake xxx"

I turn over the pages which revealed every moment I had with Drake: from our first date, first kiss, to the hug goodbye. I wiped my face clean from the tears that fell and picked up my phone and started texting.

"To whom that will read this, thank you so much for the birthday presents and gifts. I love them all - well mostly, thanks again! -  Nessa x"

I send the text to everyone who got me something. However, I missed one person off my list. 

I walked back to my bedroom and put the photo album on my bookshelf and the shoes on my shoe rack. I couldn't help, but notice Mr Snuggle Monster sat on my bedside table - waiting to be held and bring back the memories I had back in New York city....

I crawled back in to bed, bringing duvet to my ears as I inhaled the sweet scent of lavender on my pillows. Unfortunately my comfort didn't last as the door bell rang. I groaned and got up carrying my duvet with me, I didn't want to loose the warmth it held.

I went down the stairs and croaked "I'm coming, one second..." and stumble towards the front door.

"Yeah?" I say groggily opening the door.

I open the door to have my duvet plummets to the floor. "OH MY GOD!" I squeal.

"Hey Princess miss me?"

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)