A New Start, My Derrière (23)

Chapter Twenty Three 

--------------------------------

I go upstairs and start drawing on my canvas again, finally able to start on my facial features. I put in my earphones and ignored what was happening downstairs.

I started to shade and sketch and the picture was resembling myself quite quickly. I was in my own little world I hadn't realised that Zach had come in to the room and looking down at me. I took out one earphone in case he wanted to talk and of course he did.

"Nice singing" He says.

"Yeah I know, this band is amazing..." I say carrying on drawing.

"I wasn't talking about the band.You know that you were singing right?" He asks

"No..." I say looking back down cheeks flushed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, you can carry a tune off in key." He says picking up his canvas.

"Are you going?" I asked slightly disappointed by the news

"Yeah Lily needs her sleep, I doubt you and your family would want us to sleep over." He says smirking, combing back his hair with his free hand, "Anyway see you tomorrow." He turns and exits the door.

"Wait!" I call out

He turns and looks bemused. "Yeah?"

"You forgot your camera and let me show you to the door."

"Oh thanks." I lead them towards the door and wave them off kissing Lily on the head before she leaves. She waves me goodbye with a smile reaching from ear to ear.

"Bye!" I call out watching them walk down the street.

"So sister of mine, what did you do today?" Aidan asks in the stair well

"Cleaned, cooked, babysat and started the art presentation what about you dear brother?"

"You missed a vital action in all of that."

"And what was that?"

"Flirting" He says smug

"What? What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know very well you were flirting with the man who just left our house,"

"Open your eyes Aid. That was not flirting." I laughed

"You were so flirting with Mr Zachary Taylor" He states smirking slightly

"How was your day then?" I ask

"Great, football practise was good, scored six touchdowns and Alice is staying for dinner tomorrow."

"You two make a good couple." I smiled

"Really?" He asks bewildered

"Yeah both weird you suit each other..."

"Aw that's nice sis, B.T.W so do you and Zach."

"What?"

"You do know you and Zach make a good couple too. Yeah, yeah I know you two aren't dating, but it's true..." Aidan says going in to the kitchen

"But-"

"There's no need to deny it, Vanessa you know it's true and sooner or later you will admit it."

"Aidan..." I say shaking my head from side to side.

"I'm just telling you what you already know deep down. I just hope you don't make a mistake in choosing the wrong person." He says getting a bottle out of the fridge and going upstairs

Is he trying to predict the future or something?

I do the same and go upstairs. I get my phone and check if I have any texts or missed calls.

One text:

"Hey it's Tyler, wanted to know if you have any plans this Friday so you can help me catch up on the art thing."

Guess that sorts out my Friday night, doesn't a 'jock' have plans for a Friday night? A party or something, not hanging around my house drawing all night. Oh well it's his life...

I take a shower, change into my jammies and crawl into bed. Finding a note:

"To: Vanessa 

Thank you for today  

L. M. T. Xxx"

So sweet for a three year old! I want one... well not now my father would kill me...

I put the note on my nightstand and turned off the lights.

I was planning on sleeping then but the light from my phone woke my none existence sleep. I groan and pick up the phone.

"Hey sorry to disturb you, but Lily May wanted to know if you got her note, she wouldn't go to sleep until I asked so you know I asked... Sorry I sound like an absolute stalker at the moment, but yeah us Taylor's never give up. Night Z + L.M x"

I smiled and texted back.

"Yeah I got it, give her a kiss from me please and I wasn't joking about the relationship between you both its too sweet for words! Anyway I was just about to catch a good nine hour sleep. See you tomorrow, night. V"

*Send*

I put my phone back and closed my eyes. Hoping for a dreamless sleep, but that never happens.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)