A New Start, My Derrière (19)

Chapter Nineteen  

-------------------------

*The Next Day*

I decide that I wasn't going to lash out at anyone today. Not even if it killed me inside, instead I rubbed it in my brother's face at my new phone. Childish I know, but it enlightened me far too much to do so.

I got in my own car today, God it feels good to drive again! I look at my dashboard and it brought back memories, good memories and ones not so great. I didn't want to look at the back seat; the scene where most make out sessions began...

I drove to school not in any hurry what so ever. I took out the cheque and put it in my hand ready and prepared to give it to Zachary the first time I saw him. I parked my car in the shade covered my tall oak trees. I locked it three times making sure no one would take it whilst I was in class. Not really any point because people here throw money away like it was toilet paper.

I walked into school with everyone staring and me with their mouths hanging open... Why? Was there "LOOK AT ME!" Written on my forehead? There wasn't anything there this morning when I looked in the mirror... My clothes were the same as always - skinny jeans and a plain black tank top. Yet they were still staring in my direction. Did I step in dog poop or something?

Then I see Zachary smirking at me leaning between out lockers.

"Morning princess." He says smug, obviously hearing that Drake and I ended it officially yesterday.

"Hey" I mumble and put the cheque in his hand.

"This was a gift..." He says looking at it his bottom lip sticking out.

"And I can't accept it, thank you though." I say opening my locker using his technique

"Oh well." He says putting it in my locker.

"Oh my god..." breathe Vanessa breathe and do not retaliate. I pick up the cheque and place it back in his hand just to have him just throw it back in my locker.

I pick up the cheque and put in my hand and slam the locker shut he flinched for a split second. I hand him that cheque and walk off to homeroom which wasn't the brightest idea I've had - We shared homeroom together...

I sit in my usual seat whilst Zach sits on the one in front. Ugh, if I move he'll move so really there isn't any point in switching seats. Aidan sits at the desk next to mine, I guess having your little sister ball her eyes out you have to keep an eye out for her...

I take out my notepad and start writing Aidan a note.

"You know that you don't need to keep an eye out for me you know. I am capable of not crying..."

He looks at me with a look in his eye of "Ha! You've got to be kidding me" and he starts to write back.

"Sis, just doing dad a favour; anyway I wanted to make sure you were okay after yesterday."

I smiled, it's good to have a protective brother but what did he want out of it? Because knowing Aidan he always wanted something.

"What do you want Aidan?"

He looked at the note and smirked.

"Can I have your phone?"

Hell No! I just got it, just because your phone's outdated."

"But you've got the new iPhone!"

"Hell Yeah! Anyway do you know why everyone's staring at me?"

"Yeah your car..."

"What is it that bad?"

"Nah it's not something you see a girl driving that's all..."

"What a Range Rover?"

"Yup, you better hide this Miss is on the prowl."

I did as I was told to see Miss... Something, looking around her class glasses on the bridge of her nose. Her eyes staring directly at me and Aidan...

I look forward, making myself inconspicuous... Zachary turns round and puts the cheque on my desk. Ugh, he was getting annoying. I hand the cheque back to him only having him turn back on me. Little bitch.

Ugh. I flick his ear to get his attention, only to have him turn back smirk plastered on his face.

"Oi" I hiss at him, Aidan's chuckling at me since Zach's not listening or looking at me; I give up and slump in my chair. A poke from Aidan catches my attention.

"What was that?" He asks moving his head towards me and Zach. That's when I show him the cheque. His eyes bulge and his mouth opened for a slight second.

Aidan then tried to get Zach's attention. Which he received successfully. That little!

"Dude you gave this amount of money to her?" Aidan whispers.

"Yeah..." Zach says rolling his eyes

"Why?"Zach just shrugs his shoulders

"You aren't on the streets are you sis?" Aidan asks me. I just slap his arm. Zach just laughs at my expense

I take the cheque out of Aidan's hand and hand it back to Zach. "Please" I beg him.

He rolls his eyes and takes it off me and rips it in half. Aidan's face drops releasing a quiet whimper. "Dude you could have given that to me!"

Zach just shakes his head turning back facing the teacher, smothering a laugh of his own.

Aidan starts to mumble something "That dude just got me a watch, and she gets a thousand dollars!" I laugh at his stupidity. That's when the bell rings.

I collect my bag and go to class. I walk out the door to see Tyler waiting for me. Great, one stalker to the next...

I walk on without acknowledging him, I walk a tad bit faster and yet he still caught up to me.

"Wait! Vanessa"

I still carried on walking, I can't deal with this now. Tyler on the other hand had other thoughts; he walks in front of me blocking my way of getting past.

"Can you move out of the way please?" I ask trying to be polite.

"We need to talk"

"Can't this wait? I want to get to class on time" I say

"I guess we can postpone this conversation for a few minutes"

He's planning on sitting next to me next class isn't he?

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)