A New Start, My Derrière (9)

A/N - Sorry this is so short.

Chapter Ten 

-------------------

I found myself having tears silently rolling on my cheeks leaving a gap in my make up. I stood and left the room. Entering my bathroom I washed my face free of make up and reapplied it as if  nothing happened...

It was already half an hour until midnight and when I returned to the living room with everyone looking at me, I gave them a weak smile and a thumbs up. Indicating I was fine and that nothing had made me cry like a baby.

"Let's cut the cake!" I say clapping my hands. My father goes to the kitchen and brings out a very large cake with two candles on it.

Everyone sings "Happy birthday!" Whilst Aidan and I make our wishes

Ten minutes to midnight and I'm becoming paranoid by the minute... Who's Prince Awesome? I already knew the answer, but I was in denial. I didn't want to admit it, out of all the people in this world it had to be him. How had I missed the signs? It was right under my nose and I was believing what I wanted, not what was actually the truth. I was living in a fantasy to escape reality.

Though a big part of me already knew who it was, I had made a promise to meet him anyway. So here I was sitting under the canopy waiting. No one else was outside, those that were, left and some even returned home. I see a figure approaching me, head down with his hands in his pockets. He took a seat next to me sighing slightly, he didn't have the blue eyes I was expecting. Yet I was happy that Tyler was the one that sat down next to me...

"Happy Birthday, you look amazing tonight." He says eyeing me up, or rather what I was wearing.

"Thanks Tyler, you make a good... butler?" I ask looking at his attire. Just another guy in a penguin suit.

"Yeah... I borrowed Jeffery's." He says looking at me with the corner of his eye. "Sorry, I didn't buy you a present"

"It's okay."

"No its not" He gently pulls me to him. Looking down on me a strange gaze in his eyes....

"What are you -" I never finished my sentence as his lips crushed against mine.

The kiss became more and more intense for my liking. All I want to do is get him off before anyone sees. I push him with all my might away from me.

"WHAT THE HELL!" His eyes widen, astonished that I had actually pushed him away from me.I look around the garden to see if anyone saw. Seeing no one else around, I got up from where I was sat and walked back in to the house. Only to stand on something that crushed instantly with the force of my foot.

A black rose.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)