A New Start, My Derrière (37)

Chapter Thirty Seven 

--------------------------- 

Recap:

I take my seat and she hadn't noticed my return and kept at it; Tyler was giving me the apologetic eyes and even with his words he was trying to get Kate to go somewhere else.

*Cough* *Cough*

"Excuse you" Kate said giving me the glares of death...

"I'm afraid you should be excusing yourself." I say calmly

"Excuse me!" Kate says mouth gaping and her eyes set on ripping my throat out...

"That's better" I say smiling. With Tyler holding back his laughter

"You worthless piece of trash..." Kate says walking away shaking her butt as she goes.

"There goes her tip..." Tyler says

"Hmmm, if we give her a reasonable tip she'd think you like her..." I say thinking up a plan.

"Okay... what are you thinking?"

"Make her believe you like her..."

"How are we going to do that?"

"Simple... by treating her like a prostitute..."

"Whaaaaaaa?"

-------------

"You heard me, now when she comes back here for our desserts act flirty and-" I put my hand up and whisper in his ear. "Got it?"

"Do I have to?" Tyler whines.

"Yes, I promise it'll be fun, pwease?" I ask giving him the bambi eyes.

"Fine, but you CANNOT use the bambi eyes for the rest of the day..." He says firmly

"Deal!"

"Okay, shouldn't be too long now..."

"You know what to say?" I ask him

"I guess, if not I'm improvising..."

I couldn't stop my leg from shaking, I was so excited for the next five minutes. "Come on... come on..." I mumbled to myself mostly...

"She's making her way here, I wouldn't eat your dessert if I was you..."

"I'll deal with it." Tyler said just before Kate brought our desserts over.

"Here's your dessert." She says in the whiny girly childlike voice of hers.

"Oh I'm sorry my date, but I decided to switch the desserts. She didn't want to eat anything chocolate related this evening saying "it's too fattening," but of course I disagreed and said it was absurd in that she thought she could gain weight. However, she obviously didn't believe a word I said and now we'd like to exchange desserts" He ranted giving 'Kate' a small wink and a smile she couldn't resist.

"Oh... okay. It is fine I guess" She picked up the desserts off the table and 'accidentally' dropped them on to the floor. "Oh my! How careless of me. I shall return to the kitchen and get you your desserts!" She says leaving the table.

She asks someone from the cleaning staff to clear up the mess. After that was done Kate came back with our desserts. "My apologises"

Now for the plan "Excuse me Karen is it?" Tyler asks; I was biting down on my lip from release of premature laughter.

"It's Kate..." She says still smiling though you could see the hurt in her eyes from getting her name wrong

"Oh I'm sorry; I'm never good with names. Especially with people like you; actually never mind that I bet you don't want everyone in here to find out do you. No you wouldn't, I mean if I was as pretty as you - looking the way you do and of course if I was the opposite gender and worked as what you do... I wouldn't want anyone to know." Tyler says without his voice breaking.