A New Start, My Derrière (2)

Chapter Two 

------------------------

So here I am, one month exactly after the incident.

When I arrived at my new/old home. Aidan rushed to hug me whilst crying, yet again I cried with him. Three weeks ago, the funeral was just the same, my father and Aidan flew to New York dressed completely black, their eyes puffy and red.

I walked to my new/old room; it was just like it was last Summer. Nothing had changed - well something did change. 

A rattled knock on my door, took me out of my trance. Aidan's head popped round the door.

"Hey sis, can I come in?" I nod. He sits on my bed and puts an arm around me.

"So... school tomorrow?" I ask and he shrugged.

"You'll fit in, I did." He 'smiles at me.

"You've lived here longer than I ever will."

"True" He laughed

"Anything I should be warned about?" I ask, trying to take my mind off things.

"Well there are a few guys to watch out for. Maybe a few girls too..." He says casually.

"Thanks for the warning."

"Welcome sis, you want to sit with me and my friends tomorrow at lunch?" He asks

"Sure, though you better have hot friends bro" I smile.

"Ugh, that's almost as bad as them asking if you were." Aidan starts to make a 'mature' gagging noise.

"What did you say?" I ask curiously

"Well I said that if any of them harass you. I will kick their ass." Protective much?

"Thanks though, you still didn't answer my question." I point out.

"Urmm... I said that you looked like the female version of me and I showed them a picture. Then the harassment thing." He says scratching his head.

"Okay then... well sorry to kick you out of my room, but that flight was tiring." I yawned to make my point.

He kissed the top of my head. "Night sis"

--------------------------------------------------

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm, reading 6:00am.

I drag myself out of bed and head downstairs towards the kitchen. I grab ingredients out of the fridge and make breakfast. As I plate everything up and set the table, I hear dragging of feet and groaning, there stood Aidan, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning sis, what's for breakfast?"

I shake my head and say "Food, you won't care, you'll eat it anyway."

"True, where's dad?" He asks

"Sleeping I guess. Let me check." I exit the kitchen and walk towards dad's room. I find dad stretching his arms above his head, he must of fallen asleep on top of his work again.

"Vanessa what's up?" He asks rubbing his eyes.

"Breakfast is ready go eat before Aidan eats it all." I say smiling.

"Thanks for making breakfast sweetheart, you didn't have to." He says pushing his chair back.

"Its fine, now go eat and save some for me. I need to get ready." I say walking out and back to my room.

I get changed into something - normal ish. Black skinny jeans and a white shirt with my white chucks. Normally I would wear a cardigan or something on top. However, with the dramatic difference in heat and temperature, I doubt I needed to.

I grab my school bag and some writing equipment and go back into the kitchen. Grabbing a few slices of toast to eat whilst waiting for Aidan to get ready.

Time check: 7:46.

Aidan's ready and my father hands me my time schedule and a map of the school. As luck has it I'm in exactly the same classes as my brother.

Who would have known he's smart? Well we do have the same DNA afterall...

When we arrived at the school. I received stares and glares from everyone I came across. Great start right?

Aidan gladly sat next to me in every lesson. Saying he was happy I was there, but I just thought he was marking his territory from the rest of the boys. Again the overprotective brother role played it's part.

The only lesson I didn't have with him was gym, which the last lesson before lunch. Today's sport was swimming, my speciality. I got a heads up from Aidan to bring my costume - as he recalls, he's been spying on the 'fine looking' girls in their bathing suits. However, no one mentioned I had to bring a bikini - instead I brought a plain black bathing suit. Just another reason for attracting attention to myself.

The girls you might have imagined, are stick thin and gorgeous, compared to them I looked like plain Jane. Though they didn't seem to be in to the whole getting their hair wet and exercising. So yet again I stuck out. The coach Mrs... Something told me to have a test run on how well I swam, to decide which group I'd be put in.  

When I reached the other end of the pool the coach had a smile on her face. I'm guessing that was a good sign. I turned towards the bleachers where everyone else was, held sitting talking about make up, all of which stopped to glare at me.

Perfect.

The coach said I could have the possibility to become a great swimmer, if I trained enough. So that decided which group I was in the 'top' group along with. Well no one - the coach explained that none of the girls swam or went near the pool. So I could have the option of swimming during every gym lesson. Having one small flaw, the guys in the top group could do the same. Shame that Aidan wasn't a great swimmer.

As I swam for the rest of the hour; only to be joined by a guy who didn't seem to notice me until we were about to swim towards each other. We both stopped and looked at one another, I stood there amazed at his perfect features.

He swam passed me, giving me the time to stare at his perfect physique. I shook my head and carried on swimming - yeah the guy was well perfect. I needed a break from swimming so, I pulled myself up and sat by the side of the pool. To be joined by the hot swimmer minutes later, he was taking deep breaths and gave me a hand to shake.

"Tyler Gray, nice to meet you" I shook his hand slightly bewildered.

"Vanessa Heart."

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)