A New Start, My Derrière (38)

Chapter Thirty Eight 

--------------------------

I walked a couple of steps in front turning back to him. "Haven't we talked about this?"

"Yeah, but I want you to pick me..."

"I know that, but I want to know if I'll be making the right decision."

"Pick me, you'll get a hot guy on your arm, we have loads in common." He smirked

"Yeah but-" I was cut off when Tyler's lips crashed on mine.

I pulled breathlessly away, holding my stance by putting my hands on his shoulders.

Somehow this just feels wrong...

"I can't do this..." I say

"Please just don't pick him..." He says looking down to me sincerity in his yes.

"I can't help-" I tried to say only to have a hand cutting me off midsentence.

"Please don't say 'I can't help it'" He pleads

"But I c-"

"But you can't?" He says shaking his head lightly

"Yeah..."

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorr-"

"Please don't say you're sorry, it's not your fault that you fell for someone else..."

"I just can't see you unhappy..." I couldn't help feel guilt about the entire situation and he wouldn't even let me apologise...

"It's fine..."

"No it's not."

"Vanessa..." He says lifting my chin up to see him "It is..."

"But-"

"No buts, let's just have one more day together yeah, one last day yeah?" He asks taking my hand in his.

"Sure." I mean I know I shouldn't being doing this. I mean I could just be breaking his heart more than already I have, that's two guys in less than a month...  Great record Vanessa!

Instead of being called Vanessa Heart I should be named 'The girl who will crush your heart if you fall in love with me'

Tyler leads me home walking at a slow steady pace. Wanting to keep the date longer I presumed. We turn around the corner leading up to my drive way, only to hear music blasting through the walls.

"For the love of God..." I mumble pulling my hand away from Tyler's to open the door.

I open the door to see the house packed to the brim with people, some from school and some I knew weren't teenagers... "AIDAN!" I yell over the music 

"SIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS!!!" He slurs coming towards me with a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

"WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS?" I yell waving my arms in the air.

"A PARTAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!" He slurs again "JOOOOOOOOOOIN US!"

I looked left and right to see people grinding up upon one another drinking by the gallon. A mess created on the carpets and on the stairs. Which were craftily tied off with one of my items of clothing.

I couldn't take any more of it; I grabbed Tyler's hand and stormed back out of the door. "You okay?" He asks me

"Not really, I told Aidan not to have a party..." I mumble

"Oh Aidan doesn't listen to anyone..."

"I gathered" I say walking in the opposite direction of the booming music.

"So where to?"

"Anywhere, away from here..."

"Can I change first?" Tyler asks laughing

"Huh? Why?" I ask

"I'm dressed a bit too formally for a walk..."

"Oh,but what about me and my clothes?"

"You don't want to go back to yours do you?" He asks as if it was obvious statement.

"No..."

"Then you can't exactly change can you..." He rolled his eyes.

"Well no..."

"Well to my place it is." He says smiling

We walk for about twenty minutes when I see the gigantic house I saw not so long ago.

Then it hit me what if Zachary is home looking out his window and sees me and Tyler walking to his house...

That will not be good. At all, on any circumstances.

"You want to come in?" Tyler asks me

"I'll wait outside actually; I need to make a call..." I say smiling a small smile

"Oh okay, I'll be down in five minutes" Tyler says running inside the house.

I grab my phone and pressed a few numbers and hit dial.

"HELLO?" He yells at me. I hear music in the background; since his block was quiet I knew he wasn't here.

"Hey..."

"VANESSA?" He yells back at me

"Urmm can you like not shout, my ears are bleeding..." I joke, hiding the small snicker I was holding back.

"OH SORRY!" He yells one last time and I could hear the music drifting further away and footsteps being made on the pavement.

"Better?" He asks

"Much, thank you. How's the party?" I ask

"Alright, would be better if you were here..." I could tell he was already smirking.

"Aw you're cute" I say walking away from the house in case Tyler overheard me...

"Why thank you, how's the date going?"

"Okay do far I guess, we called a waitress a prostitute does that count as being eventful?"

"Huh? A prostitute, really?" He asks no doubt smirking

"Yup, you have high expectations tomorr-" I pause as I see headlights heading straight for me, my body unable to move away... I drop the phone as the speeding car collides with me slamming my body against the hood of the car.

All I remember was someone shouting my name over and over again...

(Zachary's POV)

"Yup you have high expectations tomorr-" Her voice was descending as car tires started screeching and all I could hear was a thump at the end of it.

"VANESSA!!!!" I yell down the line, "VANESSA!" Came from the other end...

Their voice easily recognisable, Tyler Gray.

I hear his frantic voice talking quickly and filled with panic. "Hello!! Can I have an ambulance it's an emergency my girlfriend has just been run over!!"

Girlfriend...

Girlfriend?

She picked him...

I hung up the phone and started running. I needed to be anywhere, but here.

------------------------------

If you like this story:  

Don't forget to comment, vote and become a fan :)