A New Start, My Derrière (32)

Chapter Thirty Two 

--------------------------

"So what did you have to talk to me about?" Alice asks eating strawberry twizzlers.

"Well first of all what happened yesterday?" I say sitting down

"Oh, family problems..."

"What sort of family problems - Aidan was pretty messed up you blew him off..."

"My grandmother, she's only got a few days' maybe weeks if we're lucky..."

"Oh my god, I'm sorry"

"It's okay, she is eighty nine after all, she wasn't expected to live this long..." She says tears rolling down her cheek.

"Alice" I say giving her a hug.

"I'm fine..." She says wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand. "What else did you want to talk about?"

"Oh... yeah it's complicated, but..."

I filled her in on all the details of what's happened over the last two days and her face was a picture when I said that Zachary kissed me during gym.  "So I need your advice..."

"We're all going to be here on Friday right?" She asks me whilst I nod. "Then tell them, I'm one hundred percent sure they know about each other, but ask them to take you out on two dates and then decide who'd want to go out with..."

"Don't you think that's a bit selfish?" I ask - well it could since I'm going out with TWO guys, getting TWO free dinners. TWO dates. Probably TWO kisses. I don't want them to waste money on me and I don't want to be treated like a princess. - Okay maybe I do a little bit...

"I don't know..." I say realising that Alice hadn't answered my question.

"Take a shot, it's not going to kill you, you can't decide because you like them both. If they don't agree then don't tell them..." Alice suggests laughing.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." I say mumbling.

"Come on this is meant to be a sleepover!" Alice says grabbing a pillow off my couch and throwing it at me.

"Argh," I say throwing it back at her. "Come on lets watch some horror films or something!" I say.

"Depends on what horror films you have..." Alice says smirking

"You can pick if you want and I'll make the popcorn!" I say

"Okay..."

I go downstairs and go to the kitchen. I see Aidan looking smug leaning on the kitchen counter, "Hey" I say putting some popcorn in the microwave.

"You want any?" I ask

"Sure whatever..."

"Where's dad?"

"There was an emergency at the hospital, how's the sleepover going?" He asks

"Depends on what you want to know..."

"What have you been talking about?"

"Why she didn't come over yesterday"

"And..." - Wonder why he's so intrigued

"It's not my place to tell..."

"Anything I can help with?" He asks

"Not unless you have a cure for death then no..."

"Huh?"

"Never mind, ask Alice..."

"Fine..." He says grudgingly