[Love Live] Mari x Gamer!Tomboy!Reader!

A/N- I like how Mari has the cat like smirk on her face. I think it's pretty cute. Enjoy!
_________________________________________

Teamwork~

*Y/N's POV*

"Dammit!" I shouted, clutching the controller even harder. I was on the final boss level of the game called Cuphead. It's rather difficult. So difficult that it'll make you wanna tear every single piece of your hair out. (A/N- I'm on King Dice's level. IT'S SO FREAKING HARD!)

"Yes! Now one more transformation!" I cheered not taking my eyes on the silver screen.

"Hello Y/Nchii!" My girlfriends voice made me jump and drop the controller. My character soon died, and the game over screen showed. The progress bar was close to touching the flag, I was almost there. I wanted to scream but not at Mari.

"H-Hey Mari," I said trying not to sound down from losing a battle. "Watcha need?"

"I just came over to see you!" she said, dropping her bag and flopping on the bed behind me. Her arms wrapped around my neck while I was facing the screen.
"I see you've been playing endlessly again, you really need sleep." She said, examining my face.

"Meh, I can live for days without sleep. It's just this level that keeps me awake." I yawned and picked up my controller.

"Can I help?" Her english broke out as she said that.

"Sure why not?" I said as I picked up a spare controller and handed it to her.

Mari isn't really new to the game, she'd watch me play and sometimes even play as Mugman. She slid down next to me and joined the game. The screen saying 'xXPrincessMetalXx has joined'. I giggled at her choice of a username.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Oh nothing princess." I teased, she only giggled and raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever (insert your username)" Mari teased and rested her head on my shoulder when I pressed restart.

The left and right triggers started to click as we started controlling Cuphead and Mugman. Mari's presence made me feel like I can beat him without trying. She makes me feel like there's no need to be angry at this. While we are pressing away, I skillfully started to think about how we first met.

*Flashback*

Months ago....

I was alone and bullied, only for my looks and love for video games. I'd never fit with girls who'd never once picked up a controller. They'd talk about boy bands and school idols, I was talking about Call of Duty and Gears of War.

They have real, face to face, and human friends. I have silver screen, animated, and internet friends. Due to my tomboy choice of style, everyone would confuse me and my gender. So would my teachers.

Soon that all changed when she came into my life. Mari Ohara, the chairwoman, third year, and part of Uranohoshi's school idol group Aquors. Her hair, eyes, and skin were the center of everyone's attention. What caught mine, was her voice and energetic personality.