2

Handsome or devilishly handsome is normally what describes Alexander Reeves.

His personality was the perfect touch of dominating and softness knowing exactly what tone to use against whom. Only two weaknesses prevented him from becoming a total monster; his younger brother Liam who is his only family member left and cigarette that helps him calm down and think clearly.

He was loved and feared, respected and belittled.

He is continuing what his father had started. Reeves Club was just a front to hide illegal activities that happened under the roof; Pleasure, drugs, weapons dealing, money-laundering. The one frequented by businessmen, actors or gangsters for their meetings over expensive wine and spoiled rich brats for their amusement.

After taking one last puff of the smoke into his mouth, he crashed the cigarette with his elegant classy shoes and entered his club; the famous Reeves Club of the Upper East Side.

He was instantly greeted by everyone, nodding their head slightly towards his direction while keeping a blank face. Women and even gay men swooned over his beauty.

"Hey Alexander," said one of the flirty waitresses, placing the tray of empty glasses on the bar counter.

He immediately grabbed her waist and pulled her into him, holding her so strong that a fear stricken look appeared on her face which he instantly removed by exploring her mouth, giving her a fiery, passionate kiss without bothering of others' thoughts. His hand slid on her half naked body, touching her in every possible way making her feel good.

"Meet me tonight," he said before kissing her one last time.

All his guards, employees and the customers minded their own business. That's how he lives, not giving a fuck of what others thinks of him.

He entered his private elevator along with his bodyguards and got out on the fifth floor where his personal office was situated. His guards took their usual positions while he walked towards his destination.

To his surprise, his little brother Liam and secretary Veronica were inside. He clearly remembered seeing him sleeping like a baby this morning before he left as he was pretty drunk last night while Veronica should have been at her desk, attending calls or preparing his schedules.

She rushed by his side at once.

"Thank God you are finally here Alex; he looked completely pathetic when he arrived." Veronica is one of the two persons who are allowed to address him as Alex.

He sat on the couch, next to Liam and stared at him. A light bruise was formed on the latter's forehead.

"You're seriously crying because of a scratch. Shame on you brother," he told Liam before getting up. He walked towards the window and stared at the busy street where everyone seemed to be in a hurry until he hears his younger brother's voice.

"I want her."

Alexander grabbed his packet of cigarette and the lighter before turning to Liam.

"You want Veronica, you can have her." She looked at him as if he had grown two horns on his head. She approached Alexander and whispered, "Are you out of your mind? Your brother is a deadly psychopath. He is crazy."

He grabbed her arm violently and lowered his head to look at her in the eyes. "I will fulfill his every desire. My brother is all that I've got. I nearly lost him once; I won't lose him a second time. Remember I pay you to work for me."

"As your personal assistant not your brother's whore."

"It's not her who I want," Liam got up and shouted. Alexander let go of Veronica reluctantly and they both stared at him in awe.

"She recently moved I think. She lives in Brooklyn."

"The fuck were you doing in Brooklyn?" A growl escaped past Alexander's lips. Even though the answer is clear in his mind, he still wants to confirm his suspicion.

"Last time brother, I won't do it again. I want her now but someone's in the way."

Tension and awkwardness hung in the air until Alexander opened his mouth. "Then get rid of him and acquire what you want."

Liam hugged Alexander who patted his back while Veronica kept gazing at them confusedly. She knew that Liam is a crazy maniac and Alexander is a dangerous person but unfortunately she can't help the unknown girl whom Liam is targeting.

It looks like history is about to repeat on itself.

Once Liam left the room, Veronica and Alexander stared at each other, he knew that she was going to bombard him with endless questions so he lighted his cigarette and brought it to his lips.

"Do you realize that there might be consequences? He is unstable. Despite being an adult, he is like a young teenager at mind."

"I know my brother well, thank you very much."

"Then why give him the permission? He is going to ruin that girl's life so be more realistic, Alex."

"It's been quite a long time since Liam is actually interested in a woman. I started to doubt but he proved me wrong so let the boy breathe. Let the boy live."

"You will regret it because Liam isn't trustworthy."

His deadpan face was enough to prevent her from saying anything further. He stood up and approached her. Placing his hands on her cheeks, he pulled her mouth close enough to his, making sure their lips weren't touching though.

"You worry too much about my brother. Why?"

All she could do is stare and blink. For a moment, he wanted to kiss her hot red lips but then their relationship wouldn't remain strictly professional and Veronica is nothing like the girls he takes home whenever he wanted. She is too good to belong in his world.

"You know why," she muttered with a little excuse, removing his hands and resumed her post.

Alexander took his cigarette and dragged in more smoke into his lungs. Only time will reveal whether he should be on his brother's side or not or if lung cancer will be the cause of his death.

Everything is in the hands of a limited span of time.