31

From castles to modern day skyscrapers, Havana was a beauty to the eyes despite being no megalopolis like New York.

Sitting in the back seat of the pale shade of pink classic car, Jennifer struggled to prevent the wind from blowing into her face while Theo on the other hand was recording the view with his phone. Going through the borough of Havana, they all admired the vintage buildings and simple lifestyle unlike their complicated ones.

"What is this place?" Veronica asked the man who had rescued them when they stepped down in front of a huge mansion in a much quieter neighborhood.

"Woodside Estate in Miramar, it once belonged to a powerful mafia group but now they retired to some other corner of the world. Celestia ma'am is now in charge of it."

"Your mother is a gang leader, how cool," said Theo but neither Jennifer nor Veronica could agree with him. They have both seen the power and evil side of mafia.

They followed the man through long corridors with vivid colored tapestries and heads of taxidermy deer. Along the way were men dressed in black suits, pacing the place leisurely. The calmer the place, the more dangerous it screams. Finally he led them into a backyard sitting area where Veronica rushed and hugged her mother bursting into tears.

The trio stood silently under the shade, watching this emotional mother-daughter reunion.

"Welcome to my home," said the middle aged woman who didn't look like she had a daughter who is in her mid-twenties.

"Thank you for rescuing us," said Chase, advancing forward to shake her hand.

Jennifer and Theo stood closely together. She shook Theo's hand first and then moved in front of Jennifer, eyes boring into hers.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your sister."

Jennifer could only give her a small smile as she felt Theo's hand wrapping around hers and giving it a little squeeze. It's been a few days since she is gone but it certainly left a big void in her heart.

"Alexander is mostly after you for what your sister did but I want you to know that you are welcome here. I have old scores to settle with him because Alexander is part reason why I'm not working in a high rise building in downtown New York but a gangster in Havana. You don't have to fear Jennifer."

Thank you for everything

"Could you translate Theo?" Veronica immediately said but before he could answer, Celestia laughed at her daughter.

"She said thank you, Veronica. It's not difficult to figure out gratitude coming straight from the heart. Anyways, you must be tired from the days of constant running away so feel free at home and relax."

While Veronica walked away with her mother, catching up on the separation for the past few years, Jennifer gripped Chase's arm preventing him from going inside.

What did she mean by old scores?

One glance at Theo opened his mouth. "She's talking about what Celestia said earlier, her encounter with Alexander."

"Let's just say we all have skeletons in the closet," he answered quite strictly and followed one of the house helpers. There are too many things this girl isn't aware yet.

"Damn, the mafia life is full secrets. But you don't have to worry Jennifer; there are so many people here ready to fight for you. Let's refresh and hit the beach and dine somewhere, just the two of us."

She smiled. If Theo wasn't with her, she would keep tiring her mind from endless questions especially the one where Celestia having issues with Alexander Reeves while allowing her daughter to be his personal assistant for years. It's too fishy.

The room given to her was very luxurious, almost like the ones in Alexander's mansions. After taking a long and cold shower, she hurriedly readied herself for this 'date' with Theo. Jennifer scanned through the wardrobe and finally settled on a two piece short dress with off shoulders.

It made her look cute and a little Cuban style as she had seen some girls on the way while coming to Woodside Estate.

Stepping outside, she saw Theo leaning against the same car they had arrived, keys jiggling between his fingers. She blush crimson red upon noticing the huge smile on his face when his eyes fell upon her.

"Don't you look caliente?" He took his shades off and admired her face. "I just learnt this word from one of the maids who gave this shirt and trousers. I never knew I'll use it so fast."

What does it mean?

He scratched the back of his head, looking a little nervous and mumbled, "Hot."

Stunned of his response, Jennifer couldn't look at him in the eyes. But from her side view, she knew those pink lips were curling upwards. She wondered if this is what it's like to fall in love with someone who has been nothing but kind towards her. When her sister was still alive, no one would have ever called her hot because Jacqueline's beauty was wild, exquisite and chic. She knew how to attract the attention of male without having to try harder. While on the other hand, she was the awkward one who attracted the attention of someone who has mental problems.

"Where are you lost?"

Nowhere, let's go.

Arriving at the sea facing view in the northern coast El Malecon that was around a ten minute car ride, Theo parked at the roadside and opened the door for Jennifer who couldn't wipe off the blush and smile off her face. Who said they were being hunted by a dangerous mafia less than twenty fours ago?

They crossed the road to the wide sea-wall where giant waves were crashing under the perfect blue sky and burning sun.

"I don't have the money to take you to the posh places but what I can do is spend time with you to watch the best free show in Havana. Sitting on the sea-wall and watching the sunset as I have been told when I did a little inquiry with that flirty maid. This is the perfect spot for," Theo stopped and held her hands in his. "Couple who are in-"

He fell silent not being able to convey his feelings. Standing on tiptoes, Jennifer wrapped her hands around his neck and gently placed her lips on his. Theo's body went rigid as he slowly wrapped an arm around her naked waist and cupped her face with the other. Like there's no problem in life, their lips moved in perfect sync as he pulled her even closer, deepening the kiss while her hands started gripping the hair at his back.

"Jennifer," he whispered.

Theo leaned, resting his forehead against hers. His warm breath fanned on her face causing her to shut her eyes. She nearly gasped when he started breathing behind her ear slowly down to her neck. His both hands held her close to his body to prevent her from collapsing right there on the roadside. Heat flushed through her body as she almost took his name when suddenly a giant wave crashed against the sea wall, splattering over them.

"Jesus," Theo yelled as his hands left her body. Jennifer smiled and so did he before they started to laugh.

More waves collided and sprinkled them with salty water but they stood on their ground.

Jennifer couldn't help but think of the day of her brother's funeral where it was raining, she entered her home and Liam pounced on her like a vicious animal, telling her she looked wet and hot. It was nothing but lust for him. With Theo however, it's completely different. Noticing that her dress was completely wet now and sticking to her body, he removed his own shirt and made her wear it as too many passers-by were admiring her.

You look caliente in the black tank top.

With his hair now slick, wet and pushed back, face dripping with seawater, biceps bulging and abs appearing beneath the black tank top, Theo looked dangerously handsome. He could be easily mistaken as one of those young powerful gangsters instead of a school teacher. Pulling her into a hug, Jennifer lean against his chest while his hands wrapped around her body protectively.

She wanted to tell him that she can speak, she wanted to say the three magical words to him but she had made a vow the night her sister died and it will only be revealed at the perfect moment, neither before nor after because she too has old scores to settle before beginning a new life.