33

It was so unexpected that everyone was shocked but the most frightened of them all was none other than Jennifer Smith.

Alexander moved his eyes around the room scanning for familiar faces and he successfully found two of them; Veronica looking sexy as usual despite her betrayal and her mother someone he had never dared thinking to go against him. The young woman's eyes were more focused on Liam looking more jubilant and alive than ever in his casual look.

To be honest, he doesn't blame her for being stunned because when Liam appeared in front of him, he thought it was a fragment of his imagination. He was there to taunt him of not being the perfect elder brother that he always claimed to be. Alas, it wasn't true.

The so called smart ass had only attended Reeves Club tenth anniversary party that night because of their dead father. He respected the old man. Other than that, he wanted nothing more. Jennifer plagued his mind day and night. He wanted to know how she vanished from Copacabana without the help of Alexander. He wanted to find her on his own just like his elder brother who of course had revenge for his 'dead brother' in mind. When chaos spread, all he had to do was find someone among the agitated guests, put his family heirloom watch on the man's hand and swapped lives. His plan worked successfully and officially Liam Reeves became dead.

Now he could be anyone he wanted to be.

Blood relationship however has always the stronger claim. He was achieving nothing on his own and certainly didn't have the means to find Jennifer. He had to confess. Despite being red with anger, Alexander hugged him and cried. He also warned him to never attempt a similar stunt again.

"I never knew so many people disliked me. I always thought I have a great fan club, I'm an inspiration for everyone who wished to join mafia if they dig my past."

Alexander kept his eyes on Celestia Diaz, whose expression was cold as ice. He was clearly aiming her as he never expected she might turn into a greater foe than her daughter.

"If you don't mind me asking, why you hate me so much Celestia?"

"How dare you? I was separated from my child. You forced me to leave her under your protection while I fled from the law."

"Isn't she safe? Haven't you talked to your daughter? Did she tell you that I had ever misbehaved with her in all these years she had been my personal secretary?"

She was silent like he expected her to be but then few seconds later she had to open her big mouth.

"Don't turn this around Reeves. You ain't gaining my trust even if I doubted all these years whether my daughter still had a dignified job or she's been killed during one of your transactions."

"I think I've heard enough," said Liam, smiling to the cold woman. "If we all remember correctly here, you are the one who killed Emma, not me. If it wasn't for my big brother, you would have been rotting in a woman's prison not managing this gang."

"Shut up Liam," Veronica yelled, finally stepping in front of her mother. It was about time because Alexander couldn't forget what she did despite his brother is alive.

"If you weren't hell bent on trying to rape Emma, she wouldn't have a breakdown and run away with only a goal in mind, to get as far away as she could."

Liam looked ashamed of his act. "I agree. I was brought up like a spoilt brat. I thought I should always get what I want and I was wrong but still it doesn't change the fact that your mother killed her not me."

"Enough," Celestia's voice resonated and most of her guests present pulled their guns out and point towards Reeves brothers and his little group.

"You're forgetting one thing Alexander. This is Havana and you're in my home."