10

Jennifer wore an ankle length green skirt, black blouse and heels while Jacqueline after much annoyance and constant irritation put on a simple white T-shirt and blue jeans because the least she wanted to do is attend the birthday party of the man who has wreaked havoc in her little sister's life.

"Is it necessary? I hate the guy."

Jennifer smiled at her and continued combing her hair.

"Do you seriously think he's changed? He is a spoilt brat. Alexander has pampered him too much with wealth hence explained why he think he can get anything he lays his hand on."

Jennifer explained in her own way that he should be given a second chance considering that he is growing mature and want to start anew.

Jacqueline rolled her eyes at her and left the room to let her sister continue dressing up. She can't easily forgive him like her little sister did. But she doesn't blame Jennifer as well as she is naïve and has a good heart. She believes that anyone can change for the better and that there is goodness hidden in everyone.

While earning a few glares from the people around, Jacqueline didn't waste time to find a cab and set out on this unwanted destination.

It was eight in the evening when both sisters arrived at the venue. The sign board Reeves Club was glowing in white and neon purple. The club was pitch dark when they entered it until an intense beam of light was projected on them.

They covered their eyes while the light starts to dim and the famous instrumental of 'happy birthday,' started to play. Liam stood in the middle, dressed in a white suit with a small red flower placed on his blazer.

Jennifer pretended that she wasn't afraid because Jacqueline was with her but deep inside her heart was booming with fear.

Jacqueline asked him, "Where are other people?"

"It's only us; I prefer celebrating my birthday with only those who are close to my heart."

Jacqueline guessed that something wasn't normal. She thought of asking him about Alexander but shove it away since he seemed to be quite civilized currently. Still, it's a little suspicious that his own brother wasn't present for his birthday party.

"Follow me," he said with a breath-taking smile.

Liam led them to a large table beautifully decorated with a large white cake in the middle, looking more like a wedding cake than a birthday cake. This was getting more awkward. He stood behind it and asks Jacqueline,

"If you don't mind, can I hold Jennifer's hand while cutting my birthday cake?"

Beads of sweat formed on her forehead since she didn't know how to refuse him. She started to blame Jennifer internally for accepting his invitation, seriously what was the need? She knows if she will ask her sister, she might be too confused to reply to him so she nodded.

Liam grabbed Jennifer's hand gently and placed the knife in her hand. Adrenaline coursed through the mute girl's body as she felt his hand over hers. It wasn't tight to hurt her but firm enough. Then they both cut the cake while Liam sang, "Happy birthday to me."

Jennifer quickly removed her hand from his hold when he was done. Liam noticed her action clearly but kept quiet.

The situation was a creepy one; a birthday boy dressed like a groom, a birthday cake that resembled more like a wedding cake, holding the hand of the girl whom he is attracted to while cutting it, dark red decorations with candles lit everywhere and only three people present in such a lavish club. Though Jacqueline confirmed that she can fight Liam in case he switched to a beast mode, she felt intimidated of him for the first time.

Something isn't normal in his behavior. Feeling attracted to her sister, almost raping her, and now trying his best to mend what he has done.

"Would you like to dance with me Jennifer?" He asked.

Jennifer immediately glanced at her sister, though she can't speak but mentally they could communicate with each other sometimes and her facial expressions revealed that she wanted to leave too.

"She doesn't know how to dance," answered Jacqueline.

"I didn't ask you so stay away from this."

Her tone annoyed Jacqueline so much that she walked towards Jennifer, grabbed her hand to leave. "Liam get out of my way, the party is over."

"For you maybe but not for me."

Unexpectedly, he punched Jacqueline hard on her face leaving a shocking Jennifer to hold her sister from falling but unfortunately the latter felt dizziness and she couldn't handle her. Eyes widened, breaths ragged, her hand trembled while she touched her sister's face. Blood oozed from the latter's nose as she lied on the cold tiles with a surging head ache.

"Oh she'll be fine in a few minutes, let's go we have a dance waiting for us."

Liam encircled his hand around her waist and pulled her away from Jacqueline. "It's just one dance honey, why are you so scared?"

Fear has tortured her guts, churning her stomach in tense cramps, engulfing her conscious, knocking all other thoughts aside. She knew that he was too strong for her can hurt her anytime, even the thought of it made her drastically exhausted.

"Party in the U.S.A seemed cool right now," he whispered in her ears and put the song on play. Jennifer tried to free herself but she couldn't. He placed his hand firmly on her waist pulling her close to him while holding her other hand in his strong grip.

Tears rolled down her cheeks while he danced with her. Her eyes were constantly darting on Jacqueline who was lying on the floor. She hadn't felt unconscious but she was too weak to get up. Her hand extended towards her little sister as if telling her I'm still with you.

Jennifer sobbed while the monster smirked.

He swirled her around three times and landed her in his arm. "That's the birthday I've ever had Jennifer, thank you so much."